Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Donaire beats Nishioka, it's easily one of his Top 3 best wins, along side Darchinyan and Montiel. He's definitely #1 in the division if he does that.

After that, he should fight the Mares/Moreno in the Spring. If he doesn't fight that winner, he should fight Rigondeaux, no one else.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Taller or bigger??? Height doesn't equate skill.... Also boxing has weight divisions for a reason.....
      Originally posted by davis828 View Post
      Great post. It's blatantly obvious how amazing he really is. He walked through everyones punches at '18. Vasquez Jr. painted him in his first fight at '22. He can't just walk through punches in that division and his abilities are based solely on athleticism, not textbook ability.
      ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Are you trying to draw paralells between Baldomir and Donaire???
        Judah was the undisputed champ at '47, but did we all believe he was the best in the division?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^
          Did he walk through their punches at 18 because Sydorenko wasn't known as a puncher and Montiel got thrashed fairly quickly.?.?.? Just a possibility

Plus I've never seen Donaire noticeably stunned in any of his fights.... Could he just have a good chin.?.?.? Hmm

Comment

Did he walk through their punches at 18 because Sydorenko wasn't known as a puncher and Montiel got thrashed fairly quickly.?.?.? Just a possibility

Plus I've never seen Donaire noticeably stunned in any of his fights.... Could he just have a good chin.?.?.? Hmm
            I was on the Donaire bandwagon after the Darchinyan fight, off it by Montiel. I realized that he was getting hit with clean flush shots by both of those fighters and he was just walking through them, undeterred, unblemished after the fights.

After Montiel, I knew he was just picking on naturally smaller fighters. Darchinyan and Montiel could crack. Donaire goes up to '22 and fights weak opposition in Vasquez Jr. Let's not act like he's nice because he got stopped by a faded Arce who Donaire was looking to fight at one point. After that fight, his face was busted up and his power wasn't what it was at '18.

Donaire to me is a poor man's RJJ. He can keep his hands down all he wants and take a punch from lighter guys, but when he gets up in weight and actually takes clean shots from somebody who can dish it, we'll see if he warrants the hype. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't faced Moreno or Rigo which is all I'd rather see at '22... not even Mares because Donaire would mop the floor with him.

Comment

I was on the Donaire bandwagon after the Darchinyan fight, off it by Montiel. I realized that he was getting hit with clean flush shots by both of those fighters and he was just walking through them, undeterred, unblemished after the fights.

After Montiel, I knew he was just picking on naturally smaller fighters. Darchinyan and Montiel could crack. Donaire goes up to '22 and fights weak opposition in Vasquez Jr. Let's not act like he's nice because he got stopped by a faded Arce who Donaire was looking to fight at one point. After that fight, his face was busted up and his power wasn't what it was at '18.

Donaire to me is a poor man's RJJ. He can keep his hands down all he wants and take a punch from lighter guys, but when he gets up in weight and actually takes clean shots from somebody who can dish it, we'll see if he warrants the hype. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't faced Moreno or Rigo which is all I'd rather see at '22... not even Mares because Donaire would mop the floor with him.
              U don't subscribe to the notion that if u can make the weight then that's your weight class??? You do know that Moreno and Donaire both would lose about the same amount of weight to make 18 right??? Both were coming down from the low 140's... So were they both "picking on" smaller fighters???

Comment

vazquez jr isn't a powder puff puncher..out of his 21 wins 18 have been by ko and he had never been down as a pro until the 9th round against donaire. i remember donaire ate a clean/hard right hand from vazquez jr and donaire didn't look stunned at all. donaire's face just marks up easily. his chin is solid imo..whereas rigo's is a bit shaky...

also mathebula had never been down in his pro career and yet donaire puts hm down in the 4th round with a left hook that he didn't plant his feet properly on like he did against montiel. plus donaire broke mathebula's jaw also...
                Last edited by Bermuda; 10-05-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Mathebula and Vazquez were lighter than him? And if you on the Rigo bandwagon you shouldn't talk about punch resistance right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    vazquez jr isn't a powder puff puncher..out of his 21 wins 18 have been by ko and he had never been down as a pro until the 9th round against donaire. i remember donaire ate a clean/hard right hand from vazquez jr and donaire didn't look stunned at all. donaire's face just marks up easily. his chin is solid imo..whereas rigo's is a bit shaky...

also mathebula had never been down in his pro career and yet donaire puts hm down in the 4th round with a left hook that he didn't plant his feet properly on like he did against montiel. plus donaire broke mathebula's jaw also...
                    Again, I can't stress enough about the competition these fighters face throughout their careers. This is the same Vasquez Jr. that was fairly untested leading up to Arce and on old, battle-worn fighter stopped him. Who were the 18 KO's? The most significant fights of his career, he lost.

Did Donaire finish Mathebula or Vasquez Jr.? No, but at '18, he was sparking out the heaviest hitters in that division.

Comment

U don't subscribe to the notion that if u can make the weight then that's your weight class??? You do know that Moreno and Donaire both would lose about the same amount of weight to make 18 right??? Both were coming down from the low 140's... So were they both "picking on" smaller fighters???
                      With that being said, Dawson's a super middleweight.

So if Moreno and Donaire lose the same amount of weight, there's no problem in making that fight instead of one with Nishi, Vasquez Jr, or Mathebula, right?

Again, Moreno can bully whoever he wants '18, I still think he'd beat Donaire if they fought at '22.
                      Last edited by deejd; 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X