No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    lol you can say the same for rigo...look at the competition he stopped (the best one being rico ramos who isn't that great to begin with). donaire didn't finish mathebula or vazquez jr but he did put them on their asses for the first time in their careers. along with the knockdowns, donaire had vazquez jr on queer street in the 3rd round from a single punch that barely landed cleanly, and he broke mathebula's jaw. so to say donaire doesn't have any significant power at 122 is wrong imo.

also u bring up the arce fight, but you have to realize that styles make fights. arce is just a tough mother****er. he was constantly pressuring and bullying the younger vazquez jr and going for that stoppage. against donaire, vazquez jr was fighting a much more careful fight (had his guard up tight and barely threw punches for almost the first half of the fight) and donaire is a counter puncher by nature...donaire still clearly outpointed vazquez jr..i don't know what that one judge who scored it for vazquez jr was smoking.
    His list of first and in some cases only kd's/ko's is impressive when u look at the quality of the fighters he fought at the time....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      In todays game that's common practice.... I don't see how you're a fan of anyone when almost everyone does it.... Moreno included
      Almost doesn't mean everybody does. I have liking toward those who box, not just rehydrate and look to out-slug. I'm all for same day weigh-ins, I think it would make the sport a bit more honest as opposed to having middleweights fight cruisers on fight night.

Good for Moreno, he's not knocking out everything moving, he's outboxing his competition.

Comment

"i can even fight them both at the same night" - lord donaire

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          lol you can say the same for rigo...look at the competition he stopped (the best one being rico ramos who isn't that great to begin with). donaire didn't finish mathebula or vazquez jr but he did put them on their asses for the first time in their careers. along with the knockdowns, donaire had vazquez jr on queer street in the 3rd round from a single punch that barely landed cleanly, and he broke mathebula's jaw. so to say donaire doesn't have any significant power at 122 is wrong imo.

also u bring up the arce fight, but you have to realize that styles make fights. arce is just a tough mother****er. he was constantly pressuring and bullying the younger vazquez jr and going for that stoppage. against donaire, vazquez jr was fighting a much more careful fight (had his guard up tight and barely threw punches for almost the first half of the fight) and donaire is a counter puncher by nature...donaire still clearly outpointed vazquez jr..i don't know what that one judge who scored it for vazquez jr was smoking.

the arce fight was good experience for vazquez jr..a loss early in any fighter's career can be a good thing because they can learn form it and become better in their future fights.
          I completely understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't change the fact that he's not KO'ing anybody at '22 the way he was at '18. You referenced Vasquez Jr. as some power punching phenomenon when he wasn't, he stepped up in class to fight a guy who was elite no more, and got stopped. Still didn't stop Mathebula. Miranda broke Abraham's jaw...?

I agree with you on the judge being completely lost since he scored it for Vasquez.

Comment

He didn't fight Vic at 18.....
            You saying Darchinyan's bigger than Donaire?

Comment

moreno was once offered a fight with donaire...he declined.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                You saying Darchinyan's bigger than Donaire?
                I'm saying Donaire-Darchinyan didn't happen at 18..... The weight was 112

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  Darchinyan and Montiel. Like you, I'd never seen Donaire hurt and particularly in those two fights against the perceived biggest punchers at '18, unblemished after walking through their punches.

I only brought up Vasquez Jr. because, I don't think he's a KO artist, but he was able to touch up Donaire and prevent him from just coming forward with his hands low, swinging for the fences.
                  He didn't walk through their punches because he didn't get hit with anything big. Did you even watch the fights? The point is, as a Rigo fan you have no business questioning Donaire's chin.

He didn't fight Vic at 18.....
                  Another casual pretending to be a real boxing head.

Comment

it be winner of mares/moreno,,,the winner would have proved to be good especially if it's mares who would have beaten very good fighters,he would be unifying with donaire,the fight would just be so much more exciting because they both are champs,i think rigondeaux needs to earn that shot at donaire by fighting tough fighters like mares or moreno have,of course he only has like 10 or 11 fights but i think he needs to fight someone better and maybe in two fights after he does he can challenge these guys who have earned their way to the top,i respect fighters like mares who are put in against tough guys,they really are tested unlike some who are given titles and then easy defenses of that

Comment

• If Donaire wins it doesnt mean hes the best in the division. IMO the best is the winner of the Mares/Moreno fight, which i think may be Moreno.

Comment

Working...
                      X