Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes beat Trout 3x's, Berto and Bradley & Lara is a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Hey it happens.... Substitute his name with another similarly hyped Cuban and your point still remains
    good point... gamboa and rigo is out of this world over hyped on here as well

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg
      Quote:

Originally Posted by PulpFriction

I think it will be a good fight although i don't think vanes will last with lara's straight left landing at will

watch the sparring video of him sparring chavex... vanes is a lot more easily hit with a right hook because vanes always keeps his right up very high and his left down to couter with left uppercuts and check hooks. mark my words, laras straight left will be non existent in this fight
      So first you bring up the amateurs now you bring up sparring. When 99% of NSB picked Martinez over Chavez did that make Martinez a hype job? Maybe they see something you don't. Maybe you don't see it cause you're being blinded by this "friendship" or whatever you got going on with him.

Sorry styles make fight and Lara is gonna counter this clown who gets hit with every single punch all night. That straight left is coming down the pipe all night long nonstop.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
        Lara is vastly overrated, look at my poll! Everyone knows pwilly had issues with southpaws.. quitana took him to school that first fight and what has he done since then?? Lara has beaten nothing but a bunch of tomato cans and a paul williams who was consistently owned by southpaws...
        Did you ever respond to this?
        Originally posted by garfios View Post
        So PW was terrible against SP? How about beating Maravilla in their first fight, close, and KO Quintana in the second...
        I've only seen very few guys overrating Lara to the extent you are claiming. He's a lot more proven than Vanes that's for sure. Like someone already said we've seen Lara agaisnt Williams/Molina and we saw Vanes vs Green/Ouma/Roman.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
          good point... gamboa and rigo is out of this world over hyped on here as well
          Gamboa??? He at least has a track record that his countrymen don't.....

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            So first you bring up the amateurs now you bring up sparring. When 99% of NSB picked Martinez over Chavez did that make Martinez a hype job? Maybe they see something you don't. Maybe you don't see it cause you're being blinded by this "friendship" or whatever you got going on with him.

Sorry styles make fight and Lara is gonna counter this clown who gets hit with every single punch all night. That straight left is coming down the pipe all night long nonstop.

Bold we r aquaintances

I bring up the sparring to prove why i think the straight left will not be effective and I brought up the amateur pedigree to prove he is a lot better than what almost everyone clowns on him to be. NSB dogs him cuz of the angulo fiasco and argument he had with mosley and oscar

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Gamboa??? He at least has a track record that his countrymen don't.....
              Listen im a huge Gamboa fan and if he wouldnt of screwed up the last 18 months screwing around with Floy I would have him in my top 10 p4p because he is just that good, but whos to say that still has that starpower with this recent fiasco of a layoff. The dude is already 31...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Bold we r aquaintances

I bring up the sparring to prove why i think the straight left will not be effective and I brought up the amateur pedigree to prove he is a lot better than what almost everyone clowns on him to be. NSB dogs him cuz of the angulo fiasco and argument he had with mosley and oscar
                How does sparring vs Chavez prove the straight left won't land? Chavez doesn't even jab dude! Should I post the Ouma fight to REALLY prove what Vanes is "capable" of vs a southpaw? And if you wanna talk about AMs you should go read Scully's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  Did you ever respond to this?

I've only seen very few guys overrating Lara to the extent you are claiming. He's a lot more proven than Vanes that's for sure. Like someone already said we've seen Lara agaisnt Williams/Molina and we saw Vanes vs Green/Ouma/Roman.
                  the first round KO to quintana in the second fight was because paul immediately took it to him and wouldnt let him box and sergio wanted to brawl in that first fight... paul stood no chance to decent southpaws who wanted to box because he just wanted to keep applying pressure and not use his height advantage.

Comment

How do we not know about Lara yet??? He struggled with Molina, who's a Top 5 SWW, but his training was jacked for that fight. He whupped Williams easily.

Lara is going to f**k Vanes up. Lara is another level compared to Roman and Greene. But Vanes isn't even on the same level as Molina or Williams, not yet atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      How does sparring vs Chavez prove the straight left won't land? Chavez doesn't even jab dude! Should I post the Ouma fight to REALLY prove what Vanes is "capable" of vs a southpaw? And if you wanna talk about AMs you should go read Scully's thread.

I dont care about whatever chavez was doing in that spar session, vanes defense in that spar session is spot on to what he still does to this day. he always keeps the right up high and his chin down welcoming right hooks... laras straight left will be not effective

Comment

Working...
                      X