Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs. Ricky Hatton at 140 pounds. Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick Hatton by late stoppage.

Cotto wasn't strong at 140 and Hatton was a tank in his prime, he'd take punishment in the fight but Cotto was vunerable at light-welter and Hatton wouldn't stop coming.

At 147+, Cotto has it easily as his physical advantages would be greater than Hatton's.

Eamonn Magee was a very tough Irish fighter who had troubles outside of the ring with IRA, he definitely had the talent to mix at a higher level but wasn't committed enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Have you actually seen any of Cotto's fights at 140? He was far from being a step up from Hatton.
      You like most boxing fans around here started watching Cotto in 2005 and after. In 2004 when he was making 140 healthy he fought Ndou, Pinto and Bailey. Those guys are better competition than anything Hatton fought. Bailey is way stronger puncher than Hatton and Cotto manage very well that fight.

Styles makes fight. But 140 Cotto from 2004, when he was training seriously and partying less, takes Hatton and TKO him in 10 rds. Hatton is one of the most overated fighters of this era. I know the Brits love him, but he wasnt that good. His best W is a past Kotsa and you guys make him unbeatable at that weight.

Comment

Everything Ricky does well, Cotto done better, so yeah...

Comment

Bunch of noobs on here showing their age.

You lot even see the cotto-torres fight?

Cotto's chin was weak at 140, probably from cutting weight. A lot of guys get better chins when they move up, cotto was one of them.

Hatton has to be the favorite in this. If cotto gets the right kind of ref, then maybe he can outbox hatton on the outside, but inside at 140 hatton takes this.

Noob alert here is overwhelming. Cotto wasnt that good at 140

Comment

This would be a war. Either Hatton would force a ref stoppage, or Cotto would knock him out. I always thought Cotto got much much better as he moved up from 140, but he still has a good shot at beating Hatton. This would have been a great fight.

Comment

Why are people acting like Cotto was some sort of Bambi on Ice, Chicken Dancing, Amir Khan replica at 140? He wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Cotto would have given Hatton the beating of his life. I am talking about brutal, vicious beating.
                this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hatton would've gotten beat the f up....a real BRUTAL beating!!!

Comment

Cotto by low blows and body slams.

Comment

Oiled up Cottosexuals getting ****-erotic kicks watching the bare chested 'Pride of Puerto Rico'

'Vs'

Booze soaked football hooligans walking in a Hatton wonderland. 'EN -GER-LAAAND'

Now this is where the fight would be right here. Two sets of fanboys battling it out for the Roger Mayweather - 'You Don't Know **** 'Bout Boxing' belt.

. . . . Crack on!

Comment

I'd pick Cotto in a real good, competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X