Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs. Ricky Hatton at 140 pounds. Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miguel cotto wasn't that good at 140, well he's not that good full stop but you know what I mean.

I think Ricky wins, but Ricky is undersized at 147 so cotto wins there

But cotto is one of the most overrated fighters of the current era so will win the poll

Comment

Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
        Mr. Fantastic, how do you think Hatton would have done against Margarito?
        Ricky Hatton was a 140lb fighter that fought at 140, Margarito is AT LEAST a 160lb fighter that fought at 147

Why do people ignore **** like that?

Comment

Hatton woulda stopped him prime he was tougher had a better chin at 140 than cotto
          crazy fight hatton stops him

Comment

60/40 fight in favor of cotto..hatton would've made it close becuase of his style...but prime for prime, cotto was the better fighter imo

Comment

Damn, poor Ricky is getting beat pretty badly in the poll, innit.

Comment

Hatton I think has the style to bother Cotto, but not the size nor strength. Cotto is a better, more finese boxer and I think he'd pick apart a charging Hatton every step of the way and then move the fight foward into a prolonged and I think ugly beating. I think Hatton charges the first four rounds, absorbing punishment, trying to bully Cotto, but Cotto timing him, tagging his body and wearing him down before just brutalizing him in the second half. It'd be a fun fight, and its always been a fantasy fight, because the two mesh well.

I have a secret...if Ricky wins in impressive fashion 2 or 3 fights, I wouldn't mind seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Hatton I think has the style to bother Cotto, but not the size nor strength. Cotto is a better, more finese boxer and I think he'd pick apart a charging Hatton every step of the way and then move the fight foward into a prolonged and I think ugly beating. I think Hatton charges the first four rounds, absorbing punishment, trying to bully Cotto, but Cotto timing him, tagging his body and wearing him down before just brutalizing him in the second half. It'd be a fun fight, and its always been a fantasy fight, because the two mesh well.

I have a secret...if Ricky wins in impressive fashion 2 or 3 fights, I wouldn't mind seeing it
                  You make Cotto sound like he's Mayweather. If anyone would have faded in the second half it would have been Cotto.

Comment

Two different levels of fighter. Hatton is a full step below Cotto. Cotto would have carved him up something ugly.

Cotto by stoppage, probably by cuts or swelling. Pretty one sided but exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                      Two different levels of fighter. Hatton is a full step below Cotto. Cotto would have carved him up something ugly.

Cotto by stoppage, probably by cuts or swelling. Pretty one sided but exciting.
                      Have you actually seen any of Cotto's fights at 140? He was far from being a step up from Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                      X