Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny can make 140 easily why is this fight with Jmm not at 140 for his title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
    Yea, I think it does. He seemed to be insinuating that Marquez was still at this best, which is just not the case. He's over the hill. He's a blown LWW. Those are facts. And you're right, no matter how old he gets, he will keep beating Manny (IMHO) and get not getting the decision. Watch it happen again when they fight.

He'll always be Manny's contrapello. In fact if Manny's not careful and everything goes wrong by uncle Bob's plans, Pac might lose this fight.

The way JMM reinvents himself and the way Pac's style deteriorates with age is all what it takes for it to be a reality (JMM winning decisively). Will always be a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      Because hes a full grown Welter Weight.
      Actually he's probably the smallest/lightest fighter in the entire WW division. The rest of the WW's are actually SWW's and MW's that cut weight and dehyrdate themselves in order to compete at WW in order to have a weight advantage. Manny fights pretty much at his walking around weight.

Comment

if you put on muscle to make another weight class, even if that weight class isn't your best, even if the class below is where you feel you can utilize your athleticism at it's most efficient because you are lighter and can dash quicker, and last longer stamina wise, it doesn't change the fact that shedding muscle is taking a chance, it's a risk that you will be weakened

is this hard that hard to understand?

Comment

For the last fight PAC weighed in at 148 n Marquez at 150 n I would suspect those will be similar 2 what they weigh this time round. I could understand PAC going down 2 140 tho and fighting 4 the title as if he won he would be the first boxer 2 win world titles in more than 6 weights (officially).

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Who says Marquez has to weigh in at 147? I doubt Pac will even weigh in at 147. All Marquez has to do is make the same weight he made last fight.
            Well, Pac did weigh at the 147 limit against Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
              Either that or Pac was on PEDS.

Too predictable for these pansies.

Seriously I doubt Pac KOs JMM, as JMM will never be what he was like their first 2 fights, being agressive as Pac, thus Pac knocking him out both occasions. He'll just be that masterful counterpuncher that he is, he's not gonna take that chance of going all out and risk picking up his head onto the 10th row by his corner after getting KTFO.
              Pac got some knockdowns on JMM but no KO's

I'm sure that's what a blind Pac-defender like yourself chooses to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                Pac got some knockdowns on JMM but no KO's

I'm sure that's what a blind Pac-defender like yourself chooses to believe.
                Wow thanks for correcting me.

Now go home and get your shinebox.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  How is it being set up in favor of a KO for Pac when its going to be held at the same exact weight as their last fight?
                  that was the same goal last time but manny wasn't able to look dominant.lets hope this time he's able to get the job done. If he has another close win or loses, then the fight loses a ton of luster IMO.

Comment

I think Pacquiao can easily make 140 and the fight should have been made at 140 but it really does not matter much.Both men will probably weigh in about 143 pounds. JMM's tittle does not mean much to Manny, and the point is who wins the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                      pacquiao just HAD to fight cotto at 143 or was it 142? even using the WBO to threaten cotto by stripping him if he didn't take the fight. now he's making a lightweight go up to 147. oh yeah it's all bollocks, pac gets no advantage here he's so smaaaaall.
                      What do you mean he had to, he fought him at 145? 1.5 years after fighting JMM at 130.

Also, JMM is no longer a LW, holds some paper LWW belt. Get informed

Comment

Working...
                      X