No announcement yet.

Options for Broner...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for Broner...

I for one was a big fan of broner's accountability for his weight mishap vs escobedo. He was an a$$ for missing weight in the manner he did but he immediately challenged the top fighters at lw and got the top ranked fighter in the weight class. If he fights Demarco and wins (granted its a nice sized if...) what are the options for broner at lw? It's not a really star studded division and Burns seems like his only other "viable $$" challenger there and he's never been stateside. Do you think Broner should stay at lw and clean out a relatively weak division or do you think this is a quick stop before junior welter where there a some genuine big money fights that are attainable?

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
    I for one was a big fan of broner's accountability for his weight mishap vs escobedo. He was an a$$ for missing weight in the manner he did but he immediately challenged the top fighters at lw and got the top ranked fighter in the weight class. If he fights Demarco and wins (granted its a nice sized if...) what are the options for broner at lw? It's not a really star studded division and Burns seems like his only other "viable $$" challenger there and he's never been stateside. Do you think Broner should stay at lw and clean out a relatively weak division or do you think this is a quick stop before junior welter where there a some genuine big money fights that are attainable?
    just burns maybe a vazquez fight but the big fights for him are waiting at 140

Comment

I Wish Haymon would make Broner fight Omar Figueroa, Figueroa's one of my favorite prospects and I think he would pull off the upset but I Doubt Haymon makes that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
        I Wish Haymon would make Broner fight Omar Figueroa, Figueroa's one of my favorite prospects and I think he would pull off the upset but I Doubt Haymon makes that fight!
        gary russel jr if he moved up in weight id like to see him fight broner

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
          Figueroa fan, but he isn't ready yet.

He needs to step up his competition before he takes on that type of challenge. He had a good win against Perez, but he has been living off of that for awhile, polishing his skills on no hopers.

I love his work ethic, but throwing him in with Broner at this stage would mean Haymon has given up on him.

Let that kid grow organically...and continue to steal the show on these undercards.

Comment

against marquez sounds good, would probably work in lightweight or super lightweight max. marquez i think wins by SD

Comment

Imo he has several options from 135-140.

Gamboa is the fight I want most though.

Comment

Originally posted by problem squad
                my ***** broner got alot of options,,

ko demarco,,beat rios silly,beat marquez silly, and then he move on up to 47 and take over the throne ,,..**** not even doubtin he can KO pac
                you crazy mane

Comment

Originally posted by problem squad
                  my ***** broner got alot of options,,

ko demarco,,beat rios silly,beat marquez silly, and then he move on up to 47 and take over the throne ,,..**** not even doubtin he can KO pac
                  Rios and JMM will be two tough ass fights. I cant see him beating either easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Imo he has several options from 135-140.

Gamboa is the fight I want most though.
                    It's funny how so many fans, including myself, really want to see Gamboa-Broner, when Gamboa's last fight was still at 126. It's like the potential move to lightweight for the Rios fight just has us considering him a lightweight before he fights there.

Broner has plenty of options, I hope he sticks around lightweight and wins a few fights before moving up again.

Comment

Working...
                    X