Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canello and Jr...done proving them selves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
    wow just cause he lost to a ranked p4p person no jr is a nobody lmao 20 more seconds el dinero de vaca woulda stopped martinez

ummm.... NO. chavez was nothing before this fight, and nothing after it. yea he clocked sergio cause sergio got too arrogant. thats what happens. 20 more seconds and chavez woulda had to endure 20 more seconds of lookin stupid. sorry, but youre wrong...

Comment

CANELO either fights past prime over the hill guys or jr welter weights. So to me he has ALLOT to prove. JR has some more to prove as well, but not as much as CANELO.

Comment

Alvarez has a ton to prove.

Chavez has already proven what he is.

Comment

Canelo hasn't even started yet.
          How about you stop facing WW's and JWW"s and face people in your division

Comment

the "boxing is a business" crowd should be saying they dont have to prove **** because they bring in the crowds, but I doubt they will.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by lx!!
              CANELO either fights past prime over the hill guys or jr welter weights. So to me he has ALLOT to prove. JR has some more to prove as well, but not as much as CANELO.
              sounds like the mayweather formula.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

seems alot of hate on here for the 2 guys, i dont get it. i enjoy watching both of them fight and hope they continue to improve and put on good shows for us.

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
                  wow just cause he lost to a ranked p4p person no jr is a nobody lmao 20 more seconds el dinero de vaca woulda stopped martinez
                  LOL. Or not. Jr. had plenty of time to stop Martinez. If he could have, he would have. He didn't. Not because he didn't have "20 more seconds", but because he couldn't do it.

Comment

I still would rather watch Chavez's career. He stepped up to the highest level and showed he's not quite there, but he's incredibly tough and clearly has power. He's still raw and probably should get a different trainer. Roach has no command there. A move at 168 is clearly what's in order, he looks sickly at 160, not losing weight right it looks. He's faced consistently tougher foes, so I think he has a bit more upside.

Canelo is tough and has decent pop, handspeed and offensive arsenal, but he's fought corpses and junior welterweights. Can he do that against Molina, Lara and Trout? Who I think round out the top 5 SWW with Cotto and Floyd? I don't know. He only talks about Floyd, but shows no interest in any other up and comers. I don't really like his attitude overall, as if he's a gift to boxing.

Chavez showed me that he's willing to put it all on the line, Canelo hasn't. Chavez has proven his mettle

Comment

Chavez Jr now makes me wonder how would he do if he was more dedicated to the trade instead of half azzing the training. He showed chin, stamina and the ability to put strong combination alongside good body punching.

He improved immensly under Roach but his heart is not into boxing like it should be.

Canelo hasn't had one notable win. Period, looks good but his competition has been so weak that he can't be gauged. I hope GBP doesn't ruin the potential of this fighter in matching him up with so-so competition

Comment

Working...
                      X