Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Rahman was flattened and nearly KOed by Sanders. But Corrie faded in the middle rounds.

Hasim has said Sanders hit harder than anyone he's ever foght.
    Right so what happened again? Sanders got KTFO by Rahman? Who lost to Ruiz and Holyfield? Thank you. Vitali fans always want to give credit for someone almost winning. Sanders lost--got stopped. Almost only counts in horseshoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
      Opinion. I think Sanders could take that version of Holyfield.
      With all due respect to a guy who just died a senseless and heroic death, Sanders as a professional gets wildly overrated by Klitschko fans. He fought stiffs most of his career, got starched more than once, and managed one win worth talking about. Sanders only chance would have been to catch Holy and kill him and he didn't have the game. Holy would have had to look for one punch to defend against with a guy who came in square. That's easy work for someone like Holy, even post-Lewis if we're comparing quality of foe when facing them. Not to mention, Ruiz didn't catch Holy coming in heavy after over a year off.

He rates somewhere below Ernie Shavers and Elmer Ray as far as frightening and flawed power punchers go.

Comment

I'm glad to see so many members thought this was a joke thread as I did. Vitali clearly trumps Ruiz both in the ring and on paper. End of...

Comment

Vitali is top 5 in my opinion. When he wins a fight he is always way ahead on the score cards and at this age he is still winning against the younger opponents. Many of the other all time greats couldn't do this at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
            Vitali is top 5 in my opinion. When he wins a fight he is always way ahead on the score cards and at this age he is still winning against the younger opponents. Many of the other all time greats couldn't do this at his age.

Comment

SMH. There is actually a poll for this??

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I'm glad to see so many members thought this was a joke thread as I did. Vitali clearly trumps Ruiz both in the ring and on paper. End of...
                See that is the point on paper he really doesn't~

If one bases their opinion on greatness on resumes, they are on the same level Vitali probably a bit ahead because he doesn't have the loses but it kind of evens out because Ruiz beat some better guys.

It is also part of the reason I detest that method getting such heavy weighting in determining greatness. That seems to be how most do it here, but it is an opinion based question to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Head to head the only guys i think beat him are Ali, Lennox, Tyson, Holmes

But who was the greatest Hw Champion? it was Joe Louis no doubt about it. But put Joe Louis in the 70's 80's 90's he would get beat by the bigger stronger heavyweights in my opinion

Comment

But who was the greatest Hw Champion? it was Joe Louis no doubt about it. But put Joe Louis in the 70's 80's 90's he would get beat by the bigger stronger heavyweights in my opinion
                    There are very few Heavyweights in any era Louis couldn't have beaten. He fought some pretty good fighters with modern size. He was better against them than against smaller, more agile types. Hand speed and combinations were too much for bigger men who couldn't counter quick enough.

Comment

Stop. Just stop. He's not a top five HW. Not top 10, 15, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X