Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto:"After Trout The Options Are Canelo, Martinez, Mayweather II and Chavez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Rhodes was ranked #3/#4 from what I remembered.
    Well that is just crazy. Who the hell Rhodes beat?

Comment

Those are like boxingscene ratings which isn't saying much. I usually go by the ring when it comes to stuff like that.
      I am looking for ring magazine. That's what I found so far.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        Well that is just crazy. Who the hell Rhodes beat?
        He was Europe's best boxer at the time at 154. He beat a couple of dudes, but most importantly he put in the work to get there. You know as well as I do I'm a Canelo fan but I will not count anything towards Canelo that shouldn't like beating up on smaller guys. I don't count those at 154. Also before you think I'm hating Cotto shits on Canelo overall with career.

Comment

He was Europe's best boxer at the time at 154. He beat a couple of dudes, but most importantly he put in the work to get there. You know as well as I do I'm a Canelo fan but I will not count anything towards Canelo that shouldn't like beating up on smaller guys. I don't count those at 154. Also before you think I'm hating Cotto shits on Canelo overall with career.
          Off course Cotto's career ****s on Canelo's career and so does his wins at 154.

Comment

Canelo has already faced more top 10 Super Welters than Cotto has.
            That's true. Cotto became a 154 pound chame in june of 2010, 9 months before Canelo won his tittle. Cotto defended the tittle twice against unranked Mayorga and unranked Margarito before losing to welterweight champ Mayweather. Canelo defended his tittle against Rhodes, ranked 6 at 154, Gomez, an unranked welterweight, Cintron, ranked 10 at 154, Mosley, an unranked welterweight and Lopez, ranked 8 at welterweight. Canelo will fight a top 10 Jr. middleweight in december or shame on him and Golden Boy. If Cotto beats Trout and Canelo wins his fight then Cotto vs. Alvarez is probably Cotto's next fight.

Comment

Off course Cotto's career ****s on Canelo's career and so does his wins at 154.
              That's just a matter of opinions I guess at 154. One thing I know for sure, him nor Canelo nor Mayweather deserve that #1 spot at 154.

Comment

Well if I was talking out of my ass you guys would of provided a link already to when they fought the rankings wouldn't show him on there.

I don't go by WBC ranking nor WBO since they get inflated with Mex/PR boxers like crazy.

Canelo has faced better opposition than Cotto at 154. Sorry but being Yuri Foreman killer just doesn't cut just like Rhodes doesn't cut it with you guys(even though he was ranked higher than Foreman ever has). I guess Foreman getting beat is a big deal to you guys since he did beat an inactive Santos and we all know how you guys hold grudges.

Mayweather (p4p),Trout (young, undefeated),Foreman (better then Ryan rhodes,hatton imo) all undefeated>>>Ryan Rhodes (retired),Matthew Hatton C+ fighter at most,Cintron (out the door to retire).

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                  Mayweather (p4p),Trout (young, undefeated),Foreman (better then Ryan rhodes,hatton imo) all undefeated>>>Ryan Rhodes (retired),Matthew Hatton C+ fighter at most,Cintron (out the door to retire).
                  Mayweather is not a 154 pounder plus he LOST to him.

You're using the young & undefeated route with a boxer he hasn't even fought yet.

I swear every day you Cotto cheerleaders sound more like Floyd stans. I remember you guys were so much different and now I can't really tell.

Oh yea I can play that game with Cotto's resume as well but it'll be too funny to type.

Comment

he's scared of pacquiao. cotto did say he's willing to fight pacquiao at 150 lbs after he beat margarito but opted to try his luck against mayweather thinking it was a lot less dangerous. the guy was almost right, if only he had the stamina during those championship rounds, he would have won.

Comment

The Ring who magically put Rhodes on their Top 10 ranking just before Canelo faced him?
                      ODLH has major stock in the Ring Magazine and Canelo is a GBP fighter. There is your answer on Rhodes rankings.

Comment

Working...
                      X