No announcement yet.

Povetkin-Rahman, Pulev-Ustinov RBR & discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
    No, that's not true. The point is that the WBA is an AMERICAN organization and hence cannot stand how all Americans have been erased from the boxing scene by non-Americans.

That's why they throw in the has-beens like Rahman, Briggs and Evan Fields into the ring. Because they hope for an upset. And they hope that an American will win a world title back.

It would be a similar case when a "Russian World Boxing Federation" would throw in Maskev against some current American world champ. This is pure politics.

Not heavyweight boxing is bad, but heavyweight politics is bad.
    Im pretty sure the WBA is NOT am American organization

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Im pretty sure the WBA is NOT am American organization
      I am pretty sure they are American. They started as a national organization (NBA), changed their name (WBA) and have now their HQ in Panama which is for tax purposes most probably.

In their history they had 45 American presidents (both US and Canadian) and 4 South American. I call this "An American organization".

But I may be completely mistaken and maybe you have a better theory why the WBA should throw in Rahman for a world title.

Comment

I am pretty sure they are American. They started as a national organization (NBA), changed their name (WBA) and have now their HQ in Panama which is for tax purposes most probably.

In their history they had 45 American presidents (both US and Canadian) and 4 South American. I call this "An American organization".

But I may be completely mistaken and maybe you have a better theory why the WBA should throw in Rahman for a world title.
        And since 1974 they have been ALL latin american. Thats almost 40 years and the organization has been based in latin america for decades

Of 23 champs, only 5 are actually american

Lets face it, they are not an american organization

Comment

Exactly my point why they throw in Rahman into a world title fight.

Comment

Exactly my point why they throw in Rahman into a world title fight.
            Rahman was NEVER going to win

Why'd they make Povetkin a champ in the first place?

Comment

• did rahman injure his knee? looks like he twisted his knee.

Comment

And since 1974 they have been ALL latin american. Thats almost 40 years and the organization has been based in latin america for decades

Lets face it, they are not an american organization
                23 champs? There is 16 weigh division! Meaningless title...

Comment

Seriously! The Americans are responsible!
                  The WBA is American!
                  Blame for this fiasco on the Austrian Boxing Federation for sanctioning this mismatch and the Panamanian based/crooked WBA for taking money for ranking Rahman who has been finished as a fighter since Oleg Maskaev stopped him.

By the way the WBA has not been in American hands since 1974. And believe it that no Americans would have given Rahman a chance of scoring an upset and most were bewildered he was even ranked. But thank you for the amusing response.
                  Last edited by TBear; 09-30-2012, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• It was less a mismatch than Haye Audley, or Price Audley is going to be. On that note, I'd like to see Haye vs Pov in London. I'm sure Haye will be tempted given Pov has the WBA trinket. Get it on if Vitali is still in election mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                      It was less a mismatch than Haye Audley, or Price Audley is going to be. On that note, I'd like to see Haye vs Pov in London. I'm sure Haye will be tempted given Pov has the WBA trinket. Get it on if Vitali is still in election mode.

This'd be a great match-up. Povetkin is too slow and cumbersome to beat Haye, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X