Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. at 140 Lbs. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 50/50 fight. In some simulation games JCC beat MP via 6th round KO ( body punch), but in real life Manny is faster, athletic, and he hits you with some barrages of punches

Comment

Dream fight. They'd wreck each other.

Comment

What's the closest JCC would have faced to Pacquiao's style?

Comment

50/50 fight imo. Both have the tools to bring each other down, it all comes to who had "it" that night.

The left hook will be Manny's worst nightmare as he would circle into it and that Chavez SR. wouldn't mind taking punishment.

The speed would be a huge problem in for Chavez SR., Manny has power as well as speed and Manny will counter with more than 1 shot at times.

It truly comes down to the point where the corner's gameplan will be a big factor.

Comment

It would look like Morales and Pac 1. Chavez was too good defensively and too smart and not slow enough. Pac WOULD rack up some points but he'd take too much punishment in exchanges. Sr had an uncanny ability to break you down and time you inbetween being hit and always try to not make his punishment go in vain. Chavez had great timing and was really damn cagey coming forward, even going back he had some seriously underrated defense. Manny can bully and overwhelm a dude (ala Barrera and Diaz) but when a guy had the balls and firepower and knowhow to avoid the worst of it or not le Manny snowball out of control, Manny has lost some of those fights (Morales 1, the marquez fights). As much as i love Pacquiao I'd be an idiot to say he could KO Chavez or even drop him.. Just because he hurt Diaz and Hatton (Diaz remember said Pac power didnt bother him, it was the speed). People are putting tol much emphasis on Pacs attributes but not on Chavez. Hed easily be the strongest puncher Pac would have ever fought. Pac seemed to have a gret chin in the lower weights, but he also had some nice size on him and hasnt really put anyone in deep trouble above who didnt have a shaky chin. I think while Pacquiao feasts on lesser agressive guys, but Chavez is king there and would be too consistant, too strong, too sturdy, too smart. Pacquiao is too agressive for his own good and like many of Chavez's opponents who seemed to have the edge, they didnt realize how much punishment they had already taken until it was too late (Like Taylor). Taylor was winning the boxing match but Chavez was and did win the fight. He did so much damage... Pac just doesnt have that other dimension to his game to fall back on where chavez COULD box, and even though he came forward his defense was great.

Chavez, to me is one of those guys where (if I was a pro boxer ) would be a nightmare matchup for me at those weights. He was hard to hit cleanly at times and was coming forward smartly and like a zombie, shi ts terrifying. No matter what happened in the fight, Chavez just had that air about him that it would be okay. That even when he seemed to be losing, he was doing the damage. Chavez doesnt need to cutoff the ring vs Pac, Pac isnt Pernell...he had great timing and Rios and Marg is one thing (Marg could actually hit Pac a good deal) Chavez is another animal. I feel Pac plays too much into Sr's strengths whereas Pac wouldnt be able to overcome Sr's. Just my opinion.

Comment

Chavez knocks out Pac out .Pac seems to be weak to the body everytime he gets hit on body you can tell he does not like it one bit.

Comment

O you didnt get the memo? pacquiao loses every fantasy fight made. He will be 0-55 against all the great fighters of the past even if he fought a marco antonio barrera 1 year before, a rocky hatton 2 years before, a margarito 3 years before, a mosley 4 years ao, he loses them all aording to these haters

Comment

stylewise , pac is a nightmare for sr..

the more competitive fight would be floyd vs chavez sr imo .. floyd already arguably lost a an inferior fighter with the same style in JLC, imagine sr...

Comment

Chavez breaks him down and stops him late.

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                      O you didnt get the memo? pacquiao loses every fantasy fight made. He will be 0-55 against all the great fighters of the past even if he fought a marco antonio barrera 1 year before, a rocky hatton 2 years before, a margarito 3 years before, a mosley 4 years ao, he loses them all aording to these haters
                      The only one in question there is Shane and its more like 13 years ago. He beats the majority of them at any given time (He'd split some with a slightly younger Morales but I like manny over him overall)

There's nothing wrong with saying he'd lose to chavez sr. I just dont see a scenario where Pac beats Chavez. It's a style thing. He wont be able to make Chavez move back and thats a big key factor for me. Chavez's upper body movement in coordination with his steady "come forward" style would be just too punishing and consistant. It'd be brutal no doubt, but I don't see Pac beating up Chavez more than Chavez does him. I've gotta ride with Chavez's defense, power, timing and durability over Pac's speed (coming forward, Pac doesnt fight defensively with his legs or box, and I dont think anyone disagrees with Chavez being smarter in the ring).

The reason many dont have Pac winning many Fantasy fights is because who hes matched up against (in many cases bigger men) like Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Chavez Sr, etc. All bad matchups as every single one could deal with agression and had more than one attribute or skill (such as Hearns boxing ability, size/length with good speed and unreal power...) in addition they all (in my opinion of course) were better at what they did than Pac was at what he did AT Pacs higher weights.

Comment

Working...
                      X