Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't stand the hate Bradley is getting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just don't wanna see a young brova shine.. NAH MEAN?

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
      Can someone name 1 black fighter that was loved and became a multi millionare in the process. The only one that comes to mind was Ray Leonard. From the 80's until now, the boxing fan has changed. Back in the day, black fighters ruled the sport and fans of that era understood what boxing was. They appreciated pure boxing skills. In this era today, I honestly think Ali, Leonard, and Whitaker would get booed and be disliked because of their style and arrogance. The boxing fan of today didn't grow up watching guys with that level of skill. They don't recognize what a "skilled" boxer is. They want to see toe to toe action and bloodshed in the ring. I love watching it as well, but that is not pure boxing.

Timothy Bradley is a skilled boxer with no punch. He doesn't showboat nor have a flamboyant personality. So even as an undefeated champion that has beaten top B class fighters, he has not gotten the love or recognition from the boxing fan of today. But as a 40 year old guy that has been a boxing fan since 1985, I love this guy. He is a great champion that comes in shape every fight and is highly skilled. He's a throwback fighter. He would have been a top contender in any era. Manny Pacquiao did not dominate this man. After the 5th round, he never landed anything significant, while Bradley kept working. I don't think the Tim took enough risks in the ring that night to really take Manny's title. But as crazy as it sounds, I thought he beat him. In other words, if this were 2 up and coming fighters with no name who fought that night with the exact same performance, Bradley wins with no controversy. But because he fought one of the 2 biggest names in boxing, and a super popular icon, he just did not do enough to take that title from Manny.

If he wants to make lots of money, then he will have to play the villian role. That is the only way black fighters of today get noticed. Its sad but true. Who cared about "Pretty Boy" Floyd??? He's always had the skill level he has today. It wasn't until the birth of "Money" Mayweather and he portrayed himself as this arrogant pompus kid, that's when he became a superstar in the sport and started making the money he's making now. So, Tim should embrace this hate and use it as fuel. He needs to feed into it and not reject it. He needs to keep talking **** and downing other fighters. They will pay millions to see this arrogant black man get his a$$ whipped. But at the end of the day, they will have to acknowledge that this kid is a true champion that is highly skilled and will be around for a long time.

That is why people should stop giving a fuk about what is being said on these forums and just stop replying to the IGNORANCE, these are kids and/or LONELY MEN looking to get into a stupid debate for some attention...stop caring so much about what people who don't know ***** about boxing has to say

Boxing History Speaks For Itself!

as for Ray Leonard he was loved by the media but he had his HATERS also...People think Broner copying Mayweather is annoying, I heard that Leonard was WAY WORSE as far as trying to copy Ali, even did the Ali Shuffle during his fights early in his career

Bradley will be FINE...all he has to do is go out and look good his next fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        It all started with him ducking Khan
        I'll show you threads that will prove this post wrong..It all started because every so called fan believes he or she knows what's best for a fighter..Bradley was being hated on about not taking the Alexander fight when first offered..Nobody cared he would only make 500k when the fight was clearly worth more then that...But who cares right,Bradley should just do what the fans want him to do,even tho they will turn on him at the drop of a hat...Bradley not fighting Khan had nothing to do with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I'll show you threads that will prove this post wrong..It all started because every so called fan believes he or she knows what's best for a fighter..Bradley was being hated on about not taking the Alexander fight when first offered..Nobody cared he would only make 500k when the fight was clearly worth more then that...But who cares right,Bradley should just do what the fans want him to do,even tho they will turn on him at the drop of a hat...Bradley not fighting Khan had nothing to do with it...
          Haters gone hate.
          WBO champ rolls on
          Too bad Khan fight didn't happen
          Funnier to have Khan exposed much sooner
          The Chicken Dance he did with Garcia was fine too

Comment

[QUOTE=Light_Speed;12563205]It's the part of the game where we don't acknowledge blatant robberies. Like when The Ring refused to move Lara down the rankings after his "loss" to Williams. You don't give a damn what people say it's all about the official victory? I don't wanna see you complain about any robbery ever again. You officially lost the right to do that after such a post.

Outside of the Lara Pwill fight,I've never complained about a decision..I may say I did not agree with it..But to act as if Lara really has the win is flat out stupid...Judges are put in the position to score a fight,weather I agree with the outcome or not I'd have to respect it and face the fact that the fighter I felt won did not win...I know so many hold their opinion in very high regard,but opinions do not change recs...I'm sure there will be a fight where I highly disagree with judges in the future..But I will keep my same stance on this which is,I will respect the judges decision..I felt Marquez beat Pac in their last fight..Did you hear or see me claiming somehow that Marquez really won that fight??Come on dude...

At the end of the day these fighters are promoters all agree on officials,and those officials score the fight best way they can...I'll ride with that,over the judges of popular opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
              no one cares about bradley dude, the sooner you get over this fact the better it'll be.
              I truly don't care who cares about what..You care enough to come into a thread about him to post that you don't care,interesting...

Anyway,Pac will be gone soon and so will..Thank god..

Comment

I truly don't care who cares about what..You care enough to come into a thread about him to post that you don't care,interesting...

Anyway,Pac will be gone soon and so will..Thank god..
                Well, depending on who TR sets him up with.
                Hopefully Marquez doesn't get shafted again, probably will.... but you won't hear the same people call robbery

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Well, depending on who TR sets him up with.
                  Hopefully Marquez doesn't get shafted again, probably will.... but you won't hear the same people call robbery
                  Nah it will be the same people..Just using their many alts...

Comment

It's the part of the game where we don't acknowledge blatant robberies. Like when The Ring refused to move Lara down the rankings after his "loss" to Williams. You don't give a damn what people say it's all about the official victory? I don't wanna see you complain about any robbery ever again. You officially lost the right to do that after such a post.

Outside of the Lara Pwill fight,I've never complained about a decision..I may say I did not agree with it..But to act as if Lara really has the win is flat out stupid...Judges are put in the position to score a fight,weather I agree with the outcome or not I'd have to respect it and face the fact that the fighter I felt won did not win...I know so many hold their opinion in very high regard,but opinions do not change recs...I'm sure there will be a fight where I highly disagree with judges in the future..But I will keep my same stance on this which is,I will respect the judges decision..I felt Marquez beat Pac in their last fight..Did you hear or see me claiming somehow that Marquez really won that fight??Come on dude...

At the end of the day these fighters are promoters all agree on officials,and those officials score the fight best way they can...I'll ride with that,over the judges of popular opinion...
                    lara did win. the only thing that kept him from winning is corruption. why do you respect corruption? if someone spits on you do you think it's raining?

Comment

Nah it will be the same people..Just using their many alts...
                      Pretty much, can't wait for that though. It's a week before I leave for the PI... so the results of that fight will be all I hear

Comment

Working...
                      X