Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't stand the hate Bradley is getting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no hate on Bradley, he is simply getting the recognition and praise that he deserves for his performance against Pacquiao, which was a loss.

Comment

If Bradley Manned up and admitted that he lost to Pacquiao, I wouldn't dislike him. The guy thinks he beat Pacquiao which isn't the case. I gave Bradley no more than 2 rounds.

Comment

Bradley's with Bob Arum, Internet Boxing Community love to hate on Bob Arum, If Bradley was GBP or DiBella Entertaiment he wouldn't get that hate

Comment

I think bradley should get respect for putting up a better showing against pac than say cotto or mosley - he made it awkward for him but he still lost at least he did in the eyes of anyone who's not a corrupt judge or a pac hater. I think people get pissed when he starts acting like he won and giving it lip when anybody with eyes knows he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
            If Bradley Manned up and admitted that he lost to Pacquiao, I wouldn't dislike him. The guy thinks he beat Pacquiao which isn't the case. I gave Bradley no more than 2 rounds.
            was Bradon Rios ever asked to admit he lost to Abril? I gave him NO ROUNDS against Abril

was Tavoris Cloud ever asked to admit he lost to Campillo?

was Strum asked to admit that he lost to Macklin?

It is not Bradley job to admit anything because he is not the Judges that rewarded him the win

FURTHER PROOF that Most of the hate for Bradley is coming from people who ONLY CARE about Pacquiao and really don't give a **** about the sport of boxing IN GENERAL

Comment

Pacquaio was the gift and the curse for Bradley.

Comment

Bradley is a top 3 WW, #1 JWW if he ever decides to go back, top 10 P4P fighter. Nobody can change that. I gave the fight a draw.

And the reason Bradley wants to fight Pacquiao again is because aside from Marquez, he's given Pacquiao the toughest fight since Morales. It goes Morales, Marquez, Bradley, as the last 3 fighters to give Pacquiao problems.

The "Pacquiao got robbed" comments are just people blinded by the HBO bias. Just plain and simple, they love Pacquiao and will never admit that fight was close.

Comment

meh there's probably 5 or 6 guys here that love the guy and are pissed cause nobody else gives a rats ass about him

Comment

Can someone name 1 black fighter that was loved and became a multi millionare in the process. The only one that comes to mind was Ray Leonard. From the 80's until now, the boxing fan has changed. Back in the day, black fighters ruled the sport and fans of that era understood what boxing was. They appreciated pure boxing skills. In this era today, I honestly think Ali, Leonard, and Whitaker would get booed and be disliked because of their style and arrogance. The boxing fan of today didn't grow up watching guys with that level of skill. They don't recognize what a "skilled" boxer is. They want to see toe to toe action and bloodshed in the ring. I love watching it as well, but that is not pure boxing.

Timothy Bradley is a skilled boxer with no punch. He doesn't showboat nor have a flamboyant personality. So even as an undefeated champion that has beaten top B class fighters, he has not gotten the love or recognition from the boxing fan of today. But as a 40 year old guy that has been a boxing fan since 1985, I love this guy. He is a great champion that comes in shape every fight and is highly skilled. He's a throwback fighter. He would have been a top contender in any era. Manny Pacquiao did not dominate this man. After the 5th round, he never landed anything significant, while Bradley kept working. I don't think the Tim took enough risks in the ring that night to really take Manny's title. But as crazy as it sounds, I thought he beat him. In other words, if this were 2 up and coming fighters with no name who fought that night with the exact same performance, Bradley wins with no controversy. But because he fought one of the 2 biggest names in boxing, and a super popular icon, he just did not do enough to take that title from Manny.

If he wants to make lots of money, then he will have to play the villian role. That is the only way black fighters of today get noticed. Its sad but true. Who cared about "Pretty Boy" Floyd??? He's always had the skill level he has today. It wasn't until the birth of "Money" Mayweather and he portrayed himself as this arrogant pompus kid, that's when he became a superstar in the sport and started making the money he's making now. So, Tim should embrace this hate and use it as fuel. He needs to feed into it and not reject it. He needs to keep talking **** and downing other fighters. They will pay millions to see this arrogant black man get his a$$ whipped. But at the end of the day, they will have to acknowledge that this kid is a true champion that is highly skilled and will be around for a long time.

Comment

I like Bradley as a fighter, I think he is really good. He did about as I expected against Manny but he got the win. Really he might have won and he didn't look completely lost in there with a guy of Manny's caliber but JMM hung with Manny in his previous fight (and to me did a much better job even though he lost) so just proving he is on that level only did so much.

That is Bradley big problem he is really good but he just does not have that it factor to take him beyond and he is going to have to work very hard to become more. As it is now he will have a good career but it will be a lot more like Shane Mosley than Floyd Mayweather but Mosley had a damn good career so not much shame if he can do a bit better than that.
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-29-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X