No announcement yet.

SCHAEFER: "Bob Arum Is Playing HBO... Berto is Fighting Bundrage on Nov 24"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    Primo, you know that Arum tries to make an in-house fight whenever he can.

If Guerrero beats Bradley, then what does Arum do with Timmy then? No belt, one unofficial loss, and one official.

Just my perspective.

I see Arum is using another stadium venue (Miami) to substitute from actually presenting a good fight.
    Oh I agree with you, Arum won't make this fight unless he is forced and with HBO saying they'll accept Prodnikov, Guerrero fight probably won't happen. Arum is definitely having a bad year. Chavez Jr. and Pacquiao both lose, Cotto left him, he's losing his money makers.

His in-house fight making finally bit him in the ass, he's out of fighters and the public is getting bored with his rematch parade. It should be Bradley-Guerrero for the Unified WW Championship of the World. It'll Bradley-Prodnikov in front of a sparse Miami crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Oh I agree with you, Arum won't make this fight unless he is forced and with HBO saying they'll accept Prodnikov, Guerrero fight probably won't happen. Arum is definitely having a bad year. Chavez Jr. and Pacquiao both lose, Cotto left him, he's losing his money makers.

His in-house fight making finally bit him in the ass, he's out of fighters and the public is getting bored with his rematch parade. It should be Bradley-Guerrero for the Unified WW Championship of the World. It'll Bradley-Prodnikov in front of a sparse Miami crowd.
      Other than sparring with Pac at WCG, what elevated Provodnikov from middling ESPN FNF attraction to a prime main event fighter?

Who's clamoring for this guy?

Comment

Provonikov shouldn't be sniffing title shots at 140, let alone 147. He should be fighting the Herrera/Mayfield winner on ESPN or something.

I hope Bradley fights Guerrero or Berto. I was hoping for Canelo-Bundrage, Bradley-Berto, and Guerrero-Maidana.

I honestly don't see how Berto could pass up fighting for a WW title in front of his hometown, against a guy Top 10 P4P, who just fought Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          Other than sparring with Pac at WCG, what elevated Provodnikov from middling ESPN FNF attraction to a prime main event fighter?

Who's clamoring for this guy?
          Nothing really. He shouldn't be in line for this shot. HBO has taken a hard line on good opponents under Hershman for the most part. This is big one though, it should Guerrero, Berto, or bust for Bradley if he wants to be on HBO.

Comment

Gina, my duminican sista.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Provonikov shouldn't be sniffing title shots at 140, let alone 147. He should be fighting the Herrera/Mayfield winner on ESPN or something.

I hope Bradley fights Guerrero or Berto. I was hoping for Canelo-Bundrage, Bradley-Berto, and Guerrero-Maidana.

I honestly don't see how Berto could pass up fighting for a WW title in front of his hometown, against a guy Top 10 P4P, who just fought Pacquiao.
              I won't get into how Bradley wasn't interested in fighting when both were undefeated. The fight would had have more meaning back then, and they're articles about how Bradley wasn't interested and you can read or acknowledge them if you want. But before Berto vs K9 was being worked on, both Bradley and Berto were major boxing names with no fights lined up. Of course in that period, it was radio silence from Bradley, so Berto went on to move up and fight K9. Now that Berto vs K9 is almost set it's no surprise that Bradley and his peeps are talking about wanting to fight them, knowing full well it's probably not going to happen at this point. I know all boxers are oppertunistic, but man Bradley's taking it to May/Pac levels .The art of pretending to want a fight the most at a time when you know full well it's not going to happen must be a trick he's learned from his stablemate.

Comment

Berto vs Bradley > Berto vs K9

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Also, I read something that said Lamont Peterson isn't evenr eally targeting a Bradley rematch, that he's targeting a fight with Zab Judah, who's in the Top 10 at 140 and his mandatory for the IBF title.
                  Judah-Peterson would be 1 hell of a fight

Comment

Working...
                  X