Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Pacquiao really gain if he defeats Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Pacquiao really gain if he defeats Marquez?

in my honest opinion, nothing much would change. i mean, it's not like he's fighting for the money, cause he already has tons of it, just flip a page of forbes magazine and see what i mean, nor is he fighting for a belt. for pacquiao, this something much more personal. a win against marquez would just reaffirm what the official results proved, who the best is. now in pacquiao's mind, he undoubtedly won the last 3 fights which is justifiable considering one of the judges from the first fight made a gross mistake with the score cards, thus giving pacquiao the clean sweep in the trilogy. he is the crowd favorite coming into this fight and definitely has the psychological advantage.

marquez, on the other hand, has shown how effective his counter punching style can be against pacquiao's aggression. marquez has the ability to repel most of pacquiao's offensive assaults and neutralize it to his advantage. however, there is one thing marquez has not used in his arsenal in the past fights with pacquiao, his mexican killer instict. marquez doesn't follow through with more punches once he has pacquiao momentarily stunned and just backs off.

pacquiao's demeanor from "nothing personal, just doing my job" has changed back to "let's get it on!". i see this fight to be a bit technical the first round or so, a chess match where they initially feels each other out. but after pacquiao's starts throwing a hundred punches per round, i see marquez getting dazed and not able to keep up with the number of power shots from pacquiao by the ropes and then the ref steps in to stop it.

not a whole lot, other than maybe a personal victory (if he can get it clearly). It's a dangerous fight to take, imo.

Comment

If he continues his bravado then maybe we get the fight. But JMM first

Comment

What he wanted: a big check

Comment

Unless he dominates, absolutely nothing but a big check. If it's another close fight like the 1st 2 or a robbery like the 3rd, then he's ****ed.

Comment

It's a fallacy to say people aren't in it for money just because they're already rich.

Comment

He gets paid. People on this site seem to think that these guys are doing it out of ego. Pros at that level are long past that. It's just work. If it was about pride he'd be beating Bradley's ass, again.

Comment

JMM is expected to murder Paq in this fight. Paq is done. It all started with Mosley. Pac wasn't able to cut off the ring and looked disoriented in that fight. He's overrated. He lost to JMM 3 times already and was defeated by Bradly. JMM is a superior counter puncher. I don't know why some clowns are still expecting Paq to win this fight. He's just after the $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
                  He just finally has that edge over Marquez. People will discredit the win and say Marquez is 40 or whatever but really who cares? It's a money fight, hopefully he knocks Marquez out and gets Mayweather to stop ducking and fight him early next year.
                  And what edge is that exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    i mean, it's not like he's fighting for the money, cause he already has tons of it,
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naivety

Comment

Working...
                    X