Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The shameless hypocrisy of Lou DiBella and Sergio Martinez..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shameless hypocrisy of Lou DiBella and Sergio Martinez..

Pump posted an article and DiBella comments kind of got over shadowed:

When asked about GGG:

Who would give a flying f**k, and why are you even asking?" DiBella said. "Who knows Gennady Golovkin other than you, me and a few other people? How many people would he bring to the table? How much money would he generate? He is the last guy ... He is a very good fighter, but it's a fight that economically makes no sense."

Can't Cotto and Mayweathers camp say the SAME exact thing. How much money does Martinez bring to the table? Who knows him? Its a fight that economically makes no sense and so on and so on.

"But he didn't beat anyone in his last fight and this is Sergio's time to make a lot of money. ... We're not going to fight fights that do not generate any income."

Who did Martinez beat in his last fight? Thats right NSBs residential punch line and punching bag, Chavez Junior.
    "I think it is the accumulative achievements which in the end will allow a fighter like Golovkin to have earned a fight against Sergio Martinez.

Really Lou? Interesting. Lets look at Martinez's resume his best win is still the Paul Williams win and that was in Nov of 2011. Since then hes beat Pavlik, Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin and Chavez Junior? Thats no gauntlet to say the least. And NONE of those guys brought a dollar to the table except Junior who was the headliner of the card.
    "Sergio Martinez had to do many smaller fights before getting a big pay-per-view fight against Chavez. These guys underneath him in the rankings, they're going to have to earn the right to fight him. Sergio Martinez has certainly earned, with his terrific performances over the past couple of years, the right to pick who he wants to fight. Gennady Golovkin is several fights away from such a fight."

Yeah Chavez brings money but since when Junior some gate keeper to bigger and better things? Hes not. Its not like Junior was some well established fighter with a great resume who built up a fan base. Hes a popular name nothing more. So if Martinez has earned the right to pick who he wants to fight hasnt Mayweather and Cotto? Who have accomplished much more than Sergio. And how can Lou say that Gennady is SEVERAL fights away from such a fight? Thats BS. Several Lou? Cmon.
    In closing I want to see Martinez vs. Mayweather/Cotto at 154 and I hope they get done but I dont want to hear Lou DiBella and Martinez crying, kicking, screaming and throwing temper tantrums if they cant get a big fight. Because it will be for the VERY same reasons Martinez and Lou dont want to fight GGG. No matter how we sugar coat it. Martinez is not a star and he doesnt have big fan base. Period.

If he cant get Cotto or Mayweather in the ring then he had better fight GGG or Pirog. 2 heavy handed guys in his weight class that he wants nothing to do with it seems. GGG was one of the hottest names in boxing after his fight and DiBella and Martinez act like he doesnt matter at all. Thats BS.

It will be interesting to see who Martinez next opponent is especially if he cant get the 147/154 guys in the ring. Will he fight GGG or Pirog? Or try to rematch Chavez for easy money.

So at the end of the day I want to see the Mayweather/Cotto vs. Martinez scrap but if they dont go down dont start yelling duck especially considering how they feel about GGG. And on top of that hed look like a real coward for calling out smaller guys like Floyd and Cotto only to run into the arms of Chavez Jr when Pirog and GGG are sitting there.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz27lk8tAg5
    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-28-2012, 08:35 AM.
Working...
X