• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    so you were hitting it while the fight was going on? nice
    naw..just holding a convo

Comment

Originally posted by Bababoey970 View Post
      I just rewatched the fight and scored the first 4 rounds for mayweather, rds 5,6,7 castillo. Round 8 was even 9-9 castillo deducted 1 point. Round 9 for Floyd. Round 10 was a 10-8 for castillo, Floyd deducted 1 point and loosing the round. Rounds 11,12 for castillo. 114 Castiillo - 112 mayweather. Lampley, foreman, and lederman all had castillo winning. There you go boys end of thread!!
      you dont get a 10-8 rnd for a round with a point deduction and no knockdown lol.its a 10-9 round not 10-8,and floyd was clearly winning rnd 9 and all rounds are a 10 point must system.you cant have a 9-9 rnd lol

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
        you dont get a 10-8 rnd for a round with a point deduction and no knockdown lol.its a 10-9 round not 10-8,and floyd was clearly winning rnd 9 and all rounds are a 10 point must system.you cant have a 9-9 rnd lol
        If you lost a given round (with no knockdown involved), the round would be scored 10-9 in favor of your opponent. If you were also penalized with a single point deduction, you would then have lost the very same round 10-8.

Comment

It's not like the rematch was completely different. Floyd started out fast, Castillo came on in the middle rounds. The only difference between the two fights is the way the championship rounds played out. I hate how people act like the rematch proved everything about the first fight was a fluke. They were almost the same fight.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            The thing that get's lost in all this hoopla of who won is how good of a fight this actually was once JLC came on in the second half of the fight. I mean round 11 is a clinic on inside fighting from both fighters. The fight really comes down to how you scored rounds 10 and 11.

round 11 is just pure excellence from both guys (particularly Mayweather) from 1:30 onwards. Watch rounds 10 and 11 and tell me who you think won them.

Seriously when i watch the quality of this fight in the second half from a tactical battle from both men, it boggles the mind how people can say Floyd is a boring fighter.
            I felt it was an excellent match. Two different styles, Floyd had to dig deep and war it as Roger said. The tide in a fight changing is also fun to watch. The scoring could have been either way, some fans Castillo, some Floyd. However the scorecard was is not really what I am trying to say.

I am just saying he looked pretty lost at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              I felt it was an excellent match. Two different styles, Floyd had to dig deep and war it as Roger said. The tide in a fight changing is also fun to watch. The scoring could have been either way, some fans Castillo, some Floyd. However the scorecard was is not really what I am trying to say.

I am just saying he looked pretty lost at times.
              If that's all you're trying to say, then, I'm not saying I agree, but it's quite understandable. Mayweather was in there against a terrific fighter. And this was long before Floyd matured into the fully-formed master he subsequently became.

Comment

Mexican Warrior: Jose Luis Castillo, the Man Who Beat Mayweather

http://voices.yahoo.com/mexican-warr...t-3261523.html

Comment

Originally posted by cubanguynyc View Post
                  if that's all you're trying to say, then, i'm not saying i agree, but it's quite understandable. Mayweather was in there against a terrific fighter. And this was long before floyd matured into the fully-formed master he subsequently became.
                  lol more like he matured into a fully formed cherry picker after that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    lol more like he matured into a fully formed cherry picker after that fight.
                    Maybe he's been guilty of that, but it doesn't mean Floyd isn't a fantastic boxer. I'm not even a fan, but denying the truth doesn't make something untrue. Mayweather has been considered at or near the top of the P4P standings for years now. That hasn't happened because Floyd is a "cherry-picker".
                    Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't say Floyd is a cherry picker, but he does have a lot of breaks. It's almost like it allows time to eliminate most threats and he can pick and choose who he fights.

What I'll say is harsh is, too many want him to face guys who are huge and P4P. Martinez is huge, even if he faced Cotto.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X