• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    In May 2007 I would pick Oscar to

Beat Margarito bad
    Beat Cotto bad
    Beat Spinks bad
    Beat Santos bad
    Beat Dzinziruk in a competitive fight
    Beat Martinez
    I didn't really want to get involved in this, but Oscar ducked Margarito to fight Manny Pacquiao. I highly doubt Oscar was so much better a year earlier that he would beat Margarito bad if he didn't even think he was good enough to beat him a year later.

Comment

• Also, judging by the first page, we're going to need a Mayweather-Martinez master thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        If Floyd fights and beats Sergio at 160 not only is the P4P champ he'll be higher than Pac as an atg.
        Indeed. What if he ducks out altogether despite the direct callout, does he drop in the atg rankings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          If Floyd fights and beats Sergio at 160 not only is the P4P champ he'll be higher than Pac as an atg.
          Without fighting Martinez at '54, he's already higher than pac as an atg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gangnam Style! View Post
            Well done Martinez! Pac should also do something like this
            He does, but only when he's already signed to fight somebody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Indeed. What if he ducks out altogether despite the direct callout, does he drop in the atg rankings?
              Your resume is based on who you fought and when you fought them, not who you didn't fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I didn't really want to get involved in this, but Oscar ducked Margarito to fight Manny Pacquiao. I highly doubt Oscar was so much better a year earlier that he would beat Margarito bad if he didn't even think he was good enough to beat him a year later.
                Oh, so you think struggling against Steve Forbes was the green light for DLH to fight Margs?

DLH would have had easier time at '54 fighting Margs after Mayorga.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  Oh, so you think struggling against Steve Forbes was the green light for DLH to fight Margs?

DLH would have had easier time at '54 fighting Margs after Mayorga.
                  I think his point is that he shouldn't have been fighting Forbes in the first place. But really Oscar gets a pass from me. At that point he was done-zo.

Comment

• As I have said before, as a Mayweather fan I want this fight to happen. It would be the toughest fight of his career and in my opinion a 50/50 fight at best for Floyd.

I still think that a 37 year old fighter coming down to 154 to a weight he hasn't fought at since 2009 sounds like a bad idea though.

Comment

• Da Pretty Boy should not be tangling wit dis Martinez cat.

Comment

Working...
                      X