No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    mosley was better than cotto and margarito? cotto and margarito were dominating from 2006-2008. mayweather came back to beat the last man standing at the time which ironically was old man mosley. strange how floyd didn't fight any of them before that. this is called cherry picking. i'm shocked you can't see this.
    LOL ******* go look up Roach's quotes on Mosley from the summer of 2009 when he said Mosley was "too good" for Pac to fight at 147 and he would only fight him at a 144 catchweight. Mayweather fought Mosley at the full 147 6 months after Pac refused to fight him for being "too good"

Pac NEVER beat the best welterweight in the world. Mayweather did TWICE.

Comment

he beat margarito, lost to quintana, beat him in the rematch, then was looking for a big fight at 147 before he moved up. he was there for awhile. floyd didn't want any after he beat margarito or quintana in the rematch. ortiz had 1 fight at 147 and floyd fought him. you can't win.
      That's what you call dominating the division for years? 2-1 in title fights then moving up?

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      i was referring to them as a collective group obviously. 2006-2009 where was floyd? fighting guys not in the division and retirement.
      Who was promoting Cotto at the time? Who was promoting Cotto when Floyd fought him? Use your brain.

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Im pretty sure Mayweather even has the reach advantage.
      No he doesnt.

Comment

mosley was better than cotto and margarito? cotto and margarito were dominating from 2006-2008. mayweather came back to beat the last man standing at the time which ironically was old man mosley. strange how floyd didn't fight any of them before that. this is called cherry picking. i'm shocked you can't see this.
        Cotto rejected a rematch with Mosley after Mosley was the first to put Margs on the canvas and eventually stop him. Wonder why that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
          No, I'm asking you to be consistent since you conveniently left out the fact that Margs didn't want to fight PWill in the rematch for what other reason than to beg DLH for a fight; gee, go figure. As a matter of fact, it took PWill to become Margs mandatory for them to even fight the first time.

As for defending Mayweather, I'm simply asking you, who should Mayweather have fought when he fought Cotto and DLH, respectively. So far, your answers are K-9 Bundrage and Cory Spinks. Great answers.
          why does it have to be instead? what kind of mindset is that? why can't he fight them all? isn't he a fighter? obviously pac is much better than cotto. i have no problem with him fighting oscar but then what did he do after that? fought hatton and retired when the iron was hot for huge fights against the likes of cotto and pac in the future when he got to 147. nope.

Comment

here are the rankings for 2008. yeah pac didn't dominate at all........beat every single one of those guys in 2 years.

1.Antonio Margarito
            2.Miguel Angel Cotto
            3.Shane Mosley
            4.Joshua Clottey
            5.Manny Pacquiao
            Yeah because he fought a prime Margarito at welter and Cotto and Mosley hadn't missed a beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              That's what you call dominating the division for years? 2-1 in title fights then moving up?

Who was promoting Cotto at the time? Who was promoting Cotto when Floyd fought him? Use your brain.

No he doesnt.
              are you mitt romney or something? taking things out of context. i said that group of guys was dominating the division. margarito, cotto, williams. floyd wasn't around when they were dominating. he came back when old shot mosley was on top but not those guys who were in their prime. just a coincidence right?

Comment

why does it have to be instead? what kind of mindset is that? why can't he fight them all? isn't he a fighter? obviously pac is much better than cotto. i have no problem with him fighting oscar but then what did he do after that? fought hatton and retired when the iron was hot for huge fights against the likes of cotto and pac in the future when he got to 147. nope.
                Ever heard of the saying "He can't fight everybody"

Ray Robinson didn't fight everyone~

Sure Floyd could have done more there is no denying that, but it doesn't change the fact that what he has done is impressive and aside from Manny there are not great fighters that he missed merely solid good ones which would add to his career but isn't some great travesty that he missed them.

Comment

are you mitt romney or something? taking things out of context. i said that group of guys was dominating the division. margarito, cotto, williams. floyd wasn't around when they were dominating. he came back when old shot mosley was on top but not those guys who were in their prime. just a coincidence right?
                  Pacquiao didn't fight those guys when they were "dominating" either.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Yeah because he fought a prime Margarito at welter and Cotto and Mosley hadn't missed a beat.
                    they were all the top guys. yeah the switched spots from time to time and omg margarito lost a fight! bum warning bum warning! didn't floyd fight zab coming off a loss to a journeyman? at least margarito lost to someone good. pac fought everyone but floyd. floyd fought no one but mosley. cool...........

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Pacquiao didn't fight those guys when they were "dominating" either.
                      I really didn't want to get into that debate because that isn't what this thread was about, but it can't be helped.

Comment

Working...
                      X