No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Bringing Martinez down in weight goes against everything Floyd talks about and stands for. He even criticized Dawson for going down in weight to fight Ward and said Ward should of moved up.

I think if it happens it will be at a weight Sergio is comfortable at.
    This is how I see it.
    If the fight happens at 154, Floyd gets no credit
    if the fight happens at 160 and Floyd doesn't want it then it's not a duck.

*sigh w.e idc

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      When did Dibella say he wasn't open to a Mayweather/Martinez match-up? What promoter in their right mind would oppose that?
      Not that he wasn't open to it, but he'd prefer the rematch with Chavez Jr instead. It was actually said immediately after the Chavez Jr. fight. Martinez's advisor Sampson Lewkowicz said same thing. Arum really wants the rematch too. I just don't feel like looking for all the quotes right now.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz27in1epjE

Throughout the lead up of the fight, Martinez had made it known that he was going to be eyeing a fight with undefeated superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. but Lewkowicz insists there is unfinished business with Chavez.

“Personally, I prefer the rematch,” stated Lewkowicz.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        I switched topics on the fly because I think it is HILARIOUS that you think Jones ducked Lewis. Sure he didn't want to fight the guy but that's not a duck

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          That was a long time ago~ if that was like the fight before the JCC Jr. fight I guess that would be enough considering what else he has accomplished.
          I know, three years back. But even then, Cintron was on the slide and wasn't even considered to be among the elite. I'm just confirming your stance on Martinez not beating anybody at '54.

Comment

• typical floyd defender excuses coming out claiming that if floyd beats martinez he wouldn't get any credit so he just won't fight him.

Comment

• martinez has said he is comfortable at 154 whats the big deal, moneymay dont want none with maravilla

moneymay doesnt even seem motivated to box again, especially with martinez threatening his throne at 154, moneymay thinks his a big bad ass cause he fought cotto at 154, well here is another challenge at 154

he wants 8oz gloves to give the fans some blood bring it on moneymay lol

Comment

• People can say what they want about Floyd but man that is a tough fight. Floyd has brass balls if he takes a Sergio fight. Personally, even though I think Floyd is the P4P best fighter in the world, I think Sergio is too big and strong/powerful for him. Do I think Floyd would take a beating like Jr.? No, Floyd's style does not lend itself to being beaten like that. Jr. was a punching bag for Sergio for 11 rounds. If Floyd could somehow keep Sergio off of him he could maybe win a decision but that is a big "IF". Sergio isn't going to outbox Floyd and he would be a fool to try, he would just try to overwhelm him. I would watch it and it may be a good fight but I would say Sergio by late stoppage maybe or there is a chance for a Floyd decision. Floyd isn't stopping Sergio and I don't think Sergio will get a decision over Floyd. Either way, a VERY TOUGH fight for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  I know, three years back. But even then, Cintron was on the slide and wasn't even considered to be among the elite. I'm just confirming your stance on Martinez not beating anybody at '54.
                  That Cintron beat Angulo who was the guy everybody was riding at the time. sooo.........He was at least one of the better dudes there. At the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    Not that he wasn't open to it, but he'd prefer the rematch with Chavez Jr instead. It was actually said immediately after the Chavez Jr. fight. Martinez's advisor Sampson Lewkowicz said same thing. Arum really wants the rematch too. I just don't feel like looking for all the quotes right now.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz27in1epjE

Throughout the lead up of the fight, Martinez had made it known that he was going to be eyeing a fight with undefeated superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. but Lewkowicz insists there is unfinished business with Chavez.

“Personally, I prefer the rematch,” stated Lewkowicz.
                    Jr is the easier option for Martinez. More dangerous but technically easier than a Floyd fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Jr is the easier option for Martinez. More dangerous but technically easier than a Floyd fight.
                      they are both easy for sergio. they are both jrs and he's their daddy. busted up chavez jr and made floyd jr run into another retirement. owned.
                      Last edited by daggum; 09-27-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X