Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, this is the only guy at 154 or under that I can see beating Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Yes, you are grasping at straws. And switching topics on the fly as well, I see. You were the one who brought up Jones and Lewis, I was the one who told the truth about it, then you made a false comparison between De La Hoya fighting super middleweights (a weight division he'd never even fought in) and Jones (a heavyweight champion) fighting Lewis (the real heavyweight champion).

Two totally different things.

And if Mayweather doesn't fight Martinez it's a duck. Especially if he fights someone else at 154 instead. If he can make it to fight someone like Alvarez then he could make it to fight Martinez.
      I switched topics on the fly because I think it is HILARIOUS that you think Jones ducked Lewis. Sure he didn't want to fight the guy but that's not a duck that's a "I'm fighting a guy that's 20 lbs heavier then me so chill".
      DLH never fought at supermiddleweight. That was my point it has never been done before, so it's not a duck. Name 1 other fighter who fought he number 1 guy in his 5th weight class at the age of 35 or 36.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Business-wise, if the choice is between Alvarez and Martinez, the clear choice would be Alvarez. And the promoter for Martinez are on record for saying that they are more interested in doing the rematch with Chavez Jr, than pursuing a fight with Floyd Mayweather.
        When did Dibella say he wasn't open to a Mayweather/Martinez match-up? What promoter in their right mind would oppose that?

Comment

• I can't believe people are actually complaining about the possibility of this fight happening. What's not to like about it?

WTF else do you want to see? Floyd vs. Guerrero, Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, Khan or some other wack ass flawed fighter at 147?

Comment

Agree to disagree, then. Martinez has been calling Mayweather's name for quite some time now, and with the wins over Williams, Pavlik, and Chavez I think he has a claim.

I should state, however, that I think Sergio is a bigger win than Canelo even at 154lbs. I'm just not sold on Alvarez at all.
            I think they can fight and it would be cool if they did, but just considering the situation I would not call that a duck. Most people throw around duck fairly easily, so I tend to go the other way so I need to see belts in trash cans to be calling a duck. We can disagree on what constitutes a duck though, it is nbd.

Martinez has proven himself worthy of a fight but for the fight to be meaningful at 154 like I want it I need to see him beat someone quality at 154, still if it happens so be it not like I wouldn't watch if it does not happen I ain't mad. To each his own though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
              I can't believe people are actually complaining about the possibility of this fight happening. What's not to like about it?

WTF else do you want to see? Floyd vs. Guerrero, Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, Khan or some other wack ass flawed fighter at 147?
              Well, what happens when Zombinez shows up and Floyd waxes him. All I would like is Martinez to have a tune up at 154. I even made a thread about that and it get deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I think they can fight and it would be cool if they did, but just considering the situation I would not call that a duck. Most people throw around duck fairly easily, so I tend to go the other way so I need to see belts in trash cans to be calling a duck. We can disagree on what constitutes a duck though, it is nbd.

Martinez has proven himself worthy of a fight but for the fight to be meaningful at 154 like I want it I need to see him beat someone quality at 154, still if it happens so be it not like I wouldn't watch if it does not happen I ain't mad. To each his own though.
                You mean, the fight with Kermit doesn't justify a payday with Mayweather!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Well, what happens when Zombinez shows up and Floyd waxes him. All I would like is Martinez to have a tune up at 154. I even made a thread about that and it get deleted
                  Bringing Martinez down in weight goes against everything Floyd talks about and stands for. He even criticized Dawson for going down in weight to fight Ward and said Ward should of moved up.

I think if it happens it will be at a weight Sergio is comfortable at.

Comment

Agree to disagree, then. Martinez has been calling Mayweather's name for quite some time now, and with the wins over Williams, Pavlik, and Chavez I think he has a claim.
                    Just say you hate Mayweather. Barring Mayweather's name from this post, every single one of these fighters walks around at 170+.

Mayweather weighed '47 on fight night against Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      You mean, the fight with Kermit doesn't justify a payday with Mayweather!?!?!
                      That was a long time ago~ if that was like the fight before the JCC Jr. fight I guess that would be enough considering what else he has accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                      X