No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
    It was the weight. Had Floyd made weight, Marquez wins 6-7 rounds. Fraud cheated and got a win. Big deal.
    This.

Refusing to make weight vs a fighter coming up 2 divisions (who was already a small LW)

I wouldn't put much stock into this win. It was a bully win. Just like Canelo vs Josesito.

Comment

and i don't want to hear any complaining about canelo fighting lightweights, broner fighting FW, etc, if you guys won't recognize the huge gap in size between mayweather and marquez

i'm not comparing abilities, but in terms of the size

mayweather : marquez

canelo : josesito

josesito is a jr WW. marquez is a LW (you can argue that he's a jr ww now, but he was a LW when he fought mayweather, and a very small one.)

edit : that will probably shut some of you up
      Last edited by New England; 09-27-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
        if ANYONE goes in for the kill against Jmm..they gone catch some mean ass punches...hence why he has NEVER been ko'd
        yeah man.. that's the reason and nothing else..

Comment

it was definitely a showcase of floyd's talent. but EVERYONE knew it was one-sided... people were rooting for jmm, but KNEW he didnt stand a chance.... he jumped 2 divisions in a short period of time for a payday (similar to lopez/canelo)... not only was he fat, slow, & lost his timing... he was forced to fight as the AGGRESSOR. floyd was waaay too prudent fighting such a small opponent... i expected floyd to physically manhandle jmm, but he played it safe and picked jmm apart.... for a guy coming back from retirement, it was a great performance. but it was against a compromised opponent.

IMO, its on par with pac/oscar.... pac's best display of punch placement, combos, and footwork. but oscar was a faded corpse that didnt have enough energy to throw a decent jab... zombie oscar was there to get demolished. great performance from pac, but an asterisk will always be tied to that fight.

BOTH benefited from playing the weight game...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            and i don't want to hear any complaining about canelo fighting lightweights, broner fighting FW, etc, if you guys won't recognize the huge gap in size between mayweather and marquez

i'm not comparing abilities, but in terms of the size

mayweather : marquez

canelo : josesito

josesito is a jr WW. marquez is a LW (you can argue that he's a jr ww now, but he was a LW when he fought mayweather, and a very small one.)

edit : that will probably shut some of you up
            LOL. At least Canelo made weight

Comment

bit more than styles. physical size difference was far too much for marquez.

the only reason pacquiao (who is about the same size as marquez) has a chance against mayweather is because he is quicker than marquez and has some serious power in his left hand.
              Last edited by shade darkar; 09-27-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                You don't think Giving away 2 pounds when you're already fighting 2 weight classes higher than you've ever fought and your body is at its max makes a difference?
                I don't think it affected the outcome of the fight by any significant amount.

Mayweather is a horrible match-up for JMM.

People b1tch about the 1 pound cotto gave away to Pac ffs.
                People ***** that Wlad's water bottle was poisoned for the Sanders fight.

Question is, why do you bring this up?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Of course he was lost, he was fighting two divisions above his natural weight in his opponent's backyard 2,000 miles from home with a US ref and three US judges after being robbed of 2lbs.

He wasn't supposed to be anything but lost.

Gtfo.

Comment

The weight played a part in terms of how Mayweather could just push JMM around.

However, the style match-up would be a nightmare for JMM at any weight. It was a masterclass of boxing skill.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      The weight played a part in terms of how Mayweather could just push JMM around.

However, the style match-up would be a nightmare for JMM at any weight. It was a masterclass of boxing skill.
                      I think it was a height and range issue more than weight. Floyd's style dictated the fight. It forced Marquez into a role he is not used to playing. He is used to being the Matador just like Floyd, but Height and Reach differences forced him into trying to play the role of a bull. Fish out of water.

Comment

Working...
                      X