No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Pacquaio and Mayweather have equalizers that JMM doesnt have.

1. Pac is lightning fast and has 1 punch KO power.

2. Mayweather is lightning fast and has the best defense in the sport.

JMM doesnt have great speed, power or defense so if hes going against much bigger guys him not having those type of equalizers would be the end of him.

JMM is an ATG but he doesnt belong at WW and its no coincidence the only fights at 147 he took where against to the 2 biggest paydays in the sport. Everytime he fought at Welter he immediately moved back down.

Hes not nearly as good as he is at the lower weights. I mean we are talking about a 39 year old fighter who has been in several wars already. The type of punishment he could receive by these guys would be uncalled for at this stage of his career.

JMM is a master technician, with great timing without much pop at the higher weights. He also is extremely easy to be hit. How would JMM keep Berto off of him?
    Pacquiao doesn't have 1-punch KO power, get ****ing real. The only guy he stopped with 1-punch was Hatton and he walked right into that shot with his guard down. Pacquiao hasn't knocked anybody out in quite a ****ing while

Comment

• no just weight. Floyd had all the advantages. Arm length speed and even more so since he was at a more comfortable weight. So JMM was out of his comfort zone on everything. Weight Size Style of fight etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        he boxed from the outside all night... when marquez did let shots go they either missed because he was too far away, or floyd absorbed them easily with his gloves and shoulders. when floyd let his hands go for his counterpunches they landed because of the huge difference in size and arm length.

i'm not biased in the least toward either fighter, and i'm quite familiar with the sport.
        But Floyd had the same height and arm length when he was a 135 lber. So if you're saying it was all due to height and reach then you must agree that it would have been the same fight had they both weighed in at 135.

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
        i've had this conversation before, apperently people on this forum think you're not using your size if you dont lean on someone, using your size is also staying on the outside should you be the longer fighter, and if you are the longer, faster, younger fighter, staying on the outside vs the smaller, blown up old man is a cake walk

guys on here just haven't boxed, the distance your feet have to cover on someone who is much longer is sickening, if that person has it set in his mind that he wants to keep you at the end of his jab, you're gonna have your work cut out for you, if that person is much faster of foot than you, then you're basically ****ed bar a ko

the distance marquez had to travel, and the fact that the taller the user of the shouler roll is the more advantageous the roll is, marquez against mayweather was never going to work out for juan
        See my post above, Floyd had the same height and reach when he was a lightweight. If you're complaining about height and reach, what you're saying is it would have been the same fight at any weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't care what anyone says, that doesn't happen prime for prime at 130. Floyd still wins, but not that dominantly.
          JMM gets dominated and KO'd at 130. Once again he does EVERYTHING better than JMM does. Floyd was much more aggressive and more of a power puncher at 130 as well. JMM isn't making it 12 at that weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            But Floyd had the same height and arm length when he was a 135 lber. So if you're saying it was all due to height and reach then you must agree that it would have been the same fight had they both weighed in at 135.

See my post above, Floyd had the same height and reach when he was a lightweight. If you're complaining about height and reach, what you're saying is it would have been the same fight at any weight.

i'm not saying that it is entirely about height and reach, though that's a large factor. i've outlined the entirety of my stance more than once in the thread.

i think that marquez would have never been able to have an answer for floyd's superior technique, his speed, and his size, but he wouldn't have been so horribly outgunned if mayweather were 10 years younger and naturally closer to the size of marquez.

mayweather is a better fighter than marquez in a p4p sense or otherwise. that still doesn't take away from the fact that when they fought in '09 floyd was fighting as a WW and marquez was a LW.

Comment

• Floyd @ 147 is the ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                Think about it, full fledged WW can be massive, think Tito, Hearns, Margarito
                JMM would give that cheating scumbag a boxing lesson. That come straight forward, no defense style would be Disney Land to a sharp, combination counter puncher like JMM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  JMM gets dominated and KO'd at 130. Once again he does EVERYTHING better than JMM does. Floyd was much more aggressive and more of a power puncher at 130 as well. JMM isn't making it 12 at that weight.
                  at a lower wieght where marquez is more comfortable and younger, more prime, marquez is no slouch, he is pretty fast himself, and in his prime had some quick feet

so the fight would be more competetive, also at a lower wieght their strenght would be closer and marquez wouldn't feel as much weight off of floyd

as for skillspaybills, a more aggressive floyd just plays into marquez's hands, it just ups his chances
                  also floyd doesn't do everything much better than floyd, marquez throws much better combos than floyd ever has
                  and marquez footwork is better than floyds, yes, this one will be a shocker for you to believe but it's the truth

marquez can cut off the ring much better than floyd ever has, against southpaws and orthodox, dont think throwing does counter-combo's is also easy esspecially when marquez starts them off from the backfoot(countering) and then has the capability to stick to his fleeing opponent to finish his combo off
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-27-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i'm not saying that it is entirely about height and reach, though that's a large factor. i've outlined the entirety of my stance more than once in the thread.

i think that marquez would have never been able to have an answer for floyd's superior technique, his speed, and his size, but he wouldn't have been so horribly outgunned if mayweather were 10 years younger and naturally closer to the size of marquez.

mayweather is a better fighter than marquez in a p4p sense or otherwise. that still doesn't take away from the fact that when they fought in '09 floyd was fighting as a WW and marquez was a LW.
                    Younger Floyd was faster and busier. It would have been even more one sided and would have probably ended in a stoppage.

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                    JMM would give that cheating scumbag a boxing lesson. That come straight forward, no defense style would be Disney Land to a sharp, combination counter puncher like JMM.
                    Margarito would wreck him, even today.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                      lol no this isn't shot katsidis or feather fisted juan diaz this is a 5'11 iron chin punching machine with legendary stamina...

very stupid of you to say that....

Comment

Working...
                      X