Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys would win if Cotto-Martinez met at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Cotto would take a frightful beating
    ya i don't know how people could think Cotto would win that fight. Martinez = southpaw, fast hands, good power, quick movement, great straight left, good right hooks, great lateral movement and punch angles

is this reminding anyone of someone .... maybe .... Manny Pacquiao lol.

oh and cotto is not a pressure fighter anymore really, and Martinez would be able to take Cotto's best shots.

Martinez would slaughter Cotto (two of my favorite fighters)
    Last edited by Oh you out son; 09-24-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• cotto is fat at 154. he's just fighting there because he is so lazy and doens't want to train properly and lose the weight. martinez destroys him. don't encourage stupid fights.

Comment

• martinez. too slick too big. cotto was a small welterweight to begin with plus cotto hasnt been the same since margs & pac beat him now you add the floyd beating = sergio majority decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Mayorga, Foreman and I guess you could say Tony at 154.

At 147 he knocked out Q, Urkal, Jennings, Gomez, Judah and I know I forgetting someone.

But with all that said why does that matter? He stops Martinez.

Martinez doesnt have good defense, hes a runner and he likes to box.

That shyt wont fly against Cotto. He tries to run he will cut the ring off.

He drops his hands. He gets a jab.

I love Cotto in this fight at 154.

What do you mean why does it matter? You have a guy who rarely has knockouts who is not even the best at 154 facing the best middleweight who hasnt been knocked out in more than 10 years and has a good chin. Of course it matters.

Comment

• I like Cotto but i think Martinez would outbox him pretty easily

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
              What do you mean why does it matter? You have a guy who rarely has knockouts who is not even the best at 154 facing the best middleweight who hasnt been knocked out in more than 10 years and has a good chin. Of course it matters.
              The fight isnt at MW. But Im going to assume you didnt know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                How often do you ever see anyone land a body shot on Martinez? Chavez could barely do it and that's his specialty.
                Actually I saw Chavez doing some pretty good body work on Martinez in 3 different rounds. Which were the 3 rounds he decided to open up and throw punches. Excluding the 12th where he was just head hunting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                  A few years ago, sure, but this fight would ruin Cotto today. He doesn't need this kind of thing before he retires. He needs a couple safe fights to put some money in the bank, which is what he's wisely doing.
                  A few years ago Cotto didn't stand a chance.

Cotto's best chance of beating Martinez is actually now. 2009-2010 Martinez destroys Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Chavez has terrible ring genralship, terrible agility and footwork, and also he telegraphs his punches and doesnt lead with the jab.

Comparing Cotto to Chavez should be considered an insult. He is WORLDS better than Junior will ever be.
                    You are only building Cotto up to make it look like Floyds win against him was impressive. You know that Martinez would cut Cotto up and finish him if they fought, yes even at 154. Martinez is all wrong for Cotto and would get to him like Pacquiao did.

Martinez showed he is still at top form against Chavez JR, dominating a young guy that prolly weighed 185 lbs on fight night. Only got knocked down in last round cause he was careless. When is the last time you saw Cotto put on a great performance? Don't tell me against a broken Tony at 154 or a loss to a faded Mayweather at 154 either...

Comment

• Excellent post.

Hey Kev. Greetings from MKE. I just gave you green for your great posts on this fight. Cotto's improved defense and trainer would give him more than a shot to beat Martinez who is a good fighter, but not a great one and is highly over-rated. In a rematch, the kid will beat him down and stop him. WATCH. What we saw in that fight was Chavez Jr. being young and dumb. Not training properly and what not. I don't hear anyone bashing Martinez for not keeping his word on stopping the kid. Anyway, Cotto will not get all cut up because he hasn't cut in 5-6 fights. WHY? Because he understands the importance of defense and fighting smarter nowadays. If he was able to make Floyd miss and look stupid at times, he should have no problem making Martinez do the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X