Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd couldn't handle Canelo's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gets KOd. Knocked down with a jab. Atg chin. Undefeated, never legitimately been knocked down. Decent chin.... I see what you did there.

Anyway, Canelo is strong but lets not act like hes the hardest puncher Floyd has faced. One thing is hurting Cintron, Josesito (even his name tells you he didnt belong at 154), and Gomez...another thing is Floyd. Love Canelo...but i dont see it. Dude is just too easy to hit and Floyd is just too good.

Canelo has a better chance at KOing Pac than Floyd... But only cuz of the size diff cuz Pac is only a few inches from being a legit dwarf, as you know.

Comment

canelo is overrated floyd just needs to treat him like chavez jr stick and move easy night making great fighters look ordinary.

the great mexican hope FOH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        Floyd won't pick him in a year. He is obviously doing his usual "when the going gets tough, the tough go into retirement" thing right now

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post

Sooo...Matthew Hatton, Lovemore Ndou and a shot Mosley can go the distance with Canelo but Floyd cant
          Floyd likely would go the distance because IMO he gets tagged and goes into his defensive shell. He will survive like the rest because he will stop engaging.

Comment

Floyd is apparently overrated, but Canelo is somehow not.

For fcksake man stop this foolishness.

Comment

Beating jose cotto, matt hatton, cintron, lopez, old azz shane proves canelo's power is out of this world, thought you people knew this? All jokes aside i'll wait till canelo fights a legit top notch fighter and wins to say my opinion, as of right now canelo is a paper champ who's made a living beating up less than average opponents.

Comment

Why would you make a thread on a fighter you barely know anything about? It's obvious you have barely seen Floyd fight, otherwise you wouldn't spew the **** you just did.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  Floyd couldn't handle Canelo's power if they ever fight. Right now I feel Saul is too green for the most elite like Manny and Floyd but I see Manny being able to do better simply because he has an ATG chin while Floyd has a decent chin but retreats into his shell when hurt. Canelo might be the strongest 154 lbs'er in the world right now. Floyd right now probably wins a decision because he's a very good tactical fighter and would build enough points to decision this kid but like i said Canelo is not ready. Maybe in a year or 2 they will fight. Floyd has taken so many breaks he's a young 35 in ring years so I don't see wear and tear being a problem. It would be a good fight and might even cement Floyd's legacy since he won't fight Manny. Every legend has faced serious adversity and proved where they belong maybe Floyd can do that. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                    tbh i think canelo's power is a bit overrated. only reason he seems to have a lot of power is because the majority of the guys he's fought have been naturally smaller than him and/or way past their prime.
                    You beat me to it. I think the dudes power is so overrated. As well as his combinations. Sure he got nice combos but its easy to do as you please when you blatantly outsize your opponent. These Canelo fans are up for a shocker once the dude steps up.

Remember when Arum came out saying he was protecting Chavez from Martinez? You best believe GBP feels the same way about Canelo and the division his in.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      You beat me to it. I think the dudes power is so overrated. As well as his combinations. Sure he got nice combos but its easy to do as you please when you blatantly outsize your opponent. These Canelo fans are up for a shocker once the dude steps up.

Remember when Arum came out saying he was protecting Chavez from Martinez? You best believe GBP feels the same way about Canelo and the division his in.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      GBP protecting a 21 year old kid from floyd mayweather, the 2nd best fighter of this era.

Sounds like a smart move until he matures.

Comment

Working...
                      X