No announcement yet.

LOL: Check out this video ! (Time Mark: 22min) Andre Ward admits it:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    You know what's funny too? He made Dawson come down then a couple of months later (literally) he's talking about moving up to 175... That's fkin weak if you ask me.
    Yup, not cool when you say 170lb is a NO (too high) but then not long after their fight he comes out and says I'm going to move up to 175 soon as he is talking to his people about what's out their for him at 168/175.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Yup, not cool when you say 170lb is a NO (too high) but then not long after their fight he comes out and says I'm going to move up to 175 soon as he is talking to his people about what's out their for him at 168/175.
      f dawson said catchweight or no fight, I dont think ward would have cared too much. Dawson wanted this fight way more. If ward wasnt comfortable moving up yet then so be it. If dawson wasnt comfortable moving down then he shouldnt have. Ward beats him at 175 too

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Man enough crying. Dawson could've said catch weight or no fight but he insisted and pursued the fight anyway.

Thats on Dawson. Hes a grown ass man. Stop coddling him.

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
          f dawson said catchweight or no fight, I dont think ward would have cared too much. Dawson wanted this fight way more. If ward wasnt comfortable moving up yet then so be it. If dawson wasnt comfortable moving down then he shouldnt have. Ward beats him at 175 too

and on that note

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            not long ago, you sounded like this: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...t#post12386341
            so a catchweight is wrong cause it drains a fighter, but making a guy come down a whole weight class is suddenly right? dude you sound contradictory
            i NEVER said catchweights are wrong bcuz they drain a fighter. why are yo making things up?

what i said was just like you have a responsibility to weigh under 175lbs if you are a LHW champion you also have the right to weigh up to 175lbs. take away that right and it shouldnt be a title fight. ward and dawson both had the right and the responsibility to weigh 168lbs, hense it wasnt disgraceful to the title. thats whats most important, that a fight doesnt make a mockery of the sport and a title fight at a catchweight makes a mockery of the sport and hurts the integrity of the title.

am i saying dawson was 100%, no. but there was no damage done to boxing and chad made the decision himself to move down so its not wards fault. ofcourse the odds were stacked against him, but thats how history is made. when you move up or down in weight to fight a great champion its no easy task but thats what makes it impressive if you come out on top. and if you call someone out you have to go to them, you cant call for someone to move to your division. dawson wanted to fight someone in another weightclass so he did the only thing an old school fighter would, he went to him. all ward did was answer the call.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo
              Stop crying. Dawson lost. Its over.

Who at 168 is he going to fight? Nothing wrong with moving up and adding to your legacy.
              Look at this moron shooting himself again. If there's nobody at 168 why didn't he fight Dawson at 175 or 170? I swear nothing but contradictions come out of this ******'s mouth.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Look at this moron shooting himself again. If there's nobody at 168 why didn't he fight Dawson at 175 or 170? I swear nothing but contradictions come out of this ******'s mouth.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                lol.agreed

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
                  Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  Man enough crying. Dawson could've said catch weight or no fight but he insisted and pursued the fight anyway.

Thats on Dawson. Hes a grown ass man. Stop coddling him.
                  Dawson asked for 170 but Ward said no. Sure Dawson could have backed out but he wanted that fight so much that he didn't.

I heard Ward in the interview yesterday on HBO. He now has intentions of moving up to 175 .... but its not like the Dawson fight happened 1 or 2 years ago .... it happened just 2 weeks ago. Maybe its just me but I find it kind of weird to say no to 170 but then 2 weeks later say yes to going up to 175.

By the way, I'm no Dawson fan ..... I said it before the fight that I hope that he can make it a fight as he is clearly the underdog skill wise.
                  Last edited by ADP02; 09-23-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Dawson wanted the fight, He made the call and so himself cheap and Ward accept... The same people who are looking to critise ward are the same ones who were trying to tell us how Pacquiao didnt really do anything wrong with Cotto coming down in weight.

Comment

ward should have moved up to lhw or at least proposed a fair catchweight. if people are defending ward's win against dawson then no one can say **** about pac vs cotto (plus pac moved up 6lbs to fight cotto)...and pac vs oscar is pretty much the same as ward vs dawson in terms of draining..the only difference was pac had just fought his first fight at lightweight when oscar challenged him at ww.

Comment

Working...
                      X