No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Gives His Take on Pacquiao-Marquez IV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Gives His Take on Pacquiao-Marquez IV

When taking a look at the fourth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, there have pretty much been two lines of thinking.

There are those who are opposed to the matchup, feeling as though 36 rounds between the two rivals is more than enough, while others can’t deny the kind of riveting and compelling excitement that Pacquiao and Marquez create when they cross paths.

Speaking with Larry Merchant on Wednesday, I came to find out that the longtime HBO analyst actually seems to be looking forward to the fight. [Click Here To Read More]

Larry sums it up well but I think we would have all preferred Marquez and Pacquiao to fight new opponents.

Comment

is Marquez dropping the WBO title? Is this a non-title fight? Will this fight be at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
        is Marquez dropping the WBO title? Is this a non-title fight? Will this fight be at 147?
        marquez will be going up in weight so its a non title bout, unless they fight for some small title and i doubt marquez gives up his.. hell probably return to 140 after this fight

Comment

spot on larry. jmm is as consistent as they come. pac not so much nowadays. and yes,while they're all good fights, a measure of finality would be welcome between these two.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Larry sums it up well but I think we would have all preferred Marquez and Pacquiao to fight new opponents.
            If Ward and Gatti engaged three times, why is Pac/Marquez any less compelling?

New is not necessarily better, especially in the age of the protected prizefighter.

This fourth go round is a welcome, old school rivalry inspired by two greats of the craft. We may never witness such contested skill again. In the age of instant gratification and the next big thing, this match is a true barometer of the sport.

Comment

"Boxing is like a stained-glass window..."

Comment

I wish the fight with Devon Alexander would have went thru. Had he beat Bailey convincingly enough he could have been facing Pac. He looks good at 147 and has a big following in STL. Marquez could've fought on the undercard against Mathysse and if they both won that would have set the stage for the 4th fight.

Comment

Working...
                X