• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senile old man....ruined his legacy as an OK ref

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      never forgive him for hatton floyd
      Yeah, the dust he threw in Hatton's face so Hatton couldn't see that check left hook is unforgiveable.

Comment

Good, he was a real POS who ruined many fights due to attention wh0ring, over compensating for lack of something........dude used fights to promote himself and try to get as much camera time as possible while being incompetent and just plain awful in alot of fights. Pathetic that this clown is even in the HOF and was still getting top fights........ when you got people like Smoger/Bayless around.....

Comment

and take that focking Mora ref with ya. He sux too.

Comment

He was firm and fair during his carrier, not perfect but better than most.
            Fans can be cruel, I still remember Richard Steele, another good referee who got the shaft because He stopped the Chavez - Taylor a few seconds before the last bell.
            Referee's have to make hard desicions in seconds and we shouldn't expect perfection from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
              He was firm and fair during his carrier, not perfect but better than most.
              Fans can be cruel, I still remember Richard Steele, another good referee who got the shaft because He stopped the Chavez - Taylor a few seconds before the last bell.
              Referee's have to make hard desicions in seconds and we shouldn't expect perfection from them.
              cortez ruined many fights not just one. He didnt let fighters fight in the inside. He would always break them up fast. One that pissed me off was the khan maidana fight. Complety ruined it for chino whos best chance to win was to be on the inside

Comment

This calls for a celebration.

Comment

Seriously, Joe Cortez was once one of the best referees in boxing. Unfortunitely that changed the last few years have not been good to him. It is a good time for him to get out before it gets much worse. Wise move to move on, good luck and enjoy your retirement Joe.

Comment

Back in the day he was great but not anymore. Good thing he retired! enjoy your golden years joe, you were great. But the last few years, not good!

Comment

praise the lord! fair but firm my ass. yea hes blind like a facking bat.

Comment

Working...
                      X