No announcement yet.

P4P rankings in my opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    So DLH draining himself to make weight against a guy who was fighting 12 lbs less was all Manny's doing.

Here we go tin hat time. Listen son DLH was the highest star in boxing at the time no one and I mean no one dictated terms to him. He set the conditions. If you think Floyd moving up 7 lbs to fight DLH is more impressive than DLH telling Manny to move up 12 to come to welterweight then I'll take it you weren't a math major in college. All facts btw.

Cotto weighed 2 lbs under the limit iirc and is naturally a bigger man with a wider body frame than Manny. Another fact.

But the most damning evidence is Manny went from jr fly to welterweight and was kicking the asses of bigger men. Fact.

Next.
    De La Hoya was done by the time he fought Pacquiao. He got busted up by Ivan Calderon in sparring and Forbes in a fight.

Why did Pacquiao fight Marquez at 144 and not 135 for their 3rd fight?

So you are saying that Manny moving up 135 to 147 with De La Hoya draining himself is more impressive than Mayweather moving up from 147 to 154 with De La Hoya making weight comfortably?

Comment

Pointing out facts about Floyd's most recent fights makes me troll?

Ok mr troll tell me what I wrote that wasn't a fact.

I'm waiting.
      This is not a manny vs floyd thread... But u mention these things as If pacman's last 2 fights were all that great.

The fact that u mentioned Joe in ur P4P listing is enough evidence of u being a troll... So nevermind everything I just said... This never happened. I think I just lost points responding to you to begin with ...dammit

Comment

1.Floyd
        2.JMM
        3.Ward
        4.Martinez
        5.Pacquiao
        6.Donaire
        7.Wlad
        8.Froch
        9.Bradley
        10.Mares
        11.Matthysse

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          Broner?............
          just going by the eye test reed, p4p isnt who has accomplished what but who you think would whoop anyone at any weight... right now i dont seeing anyone giving broner a fight besides gamboa, jmm, manny or floyd... he very possibly easily takes anyone else all the way up to 147... my opinion of course

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
            Ah sh.t my bad. Wlad in lieu of Broner
            i know the klits are dominating but they r too big to consider for pound for pound... IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              De La Hoya was done by the time he fought Pacquiao. He got busted up by Ivan Calderon in sparring and Forbes in a fight.

Why did Pacquiao fight Marquez at 144 and not 135 for their 3rd fight?

So you are saying that Manny moving up 135 to 147 with De La Hoya draining himself is more impressive than Mayweather moving up from 147 to 154 with De La Hoya making weight comfortably?
              It's like talking to a child. I'll say this one last time and slowly for you.

Oscar de la Hoya was the biggest name in boxing. You with me so far?
              He wanted to fight Manny. You still ok?
              So he told Manny they could fight but the fight must be at welterweight. Still here?
              The problem was Manny was fighting at lightweight and had never faced a welterweight or even fought at that weight before. You still good my friend?
              So Oscar made Manny move up to a division he never fought in because he figured he would pick the little man's bones and crush him.

Sadly for Oscar it didnt go according to plan.

So what have we learned?
              Oscar was the star. He set the terms and Manny followed them. If Oscar inadvertently hurt himself by the terms he set alone, then who's to blame?

I'll give you a hint on the last question, it's the guy who set the conditions for the bout.

You still with me bro?

Comment

ANDRE WARD IS THE BEST FIGHTER ON EARTH END OF STORY

taking a vacation and beating a shot cotto does not justify p4p status
                neither does dry gulching victor ortiz

ward
                manny
                floyd
                martinez
                jmm

Comment

So DLH draining himself to make weight against a guy who was fighting 12 lbs less was all Manny's doing.

Here we go tin hat time. Listen son DLH was the biggest star in boxing at the time no one and I mean no one dictated terms to him. He set the conditions. If you think Floyd moving up 7 lbs to fight DLH is more impressive than DLH telling Manny to move up 12 to come to welterweight then I'll take it you weren't a math major in college. All facts btw.

Cotto weighed 2 lbs under the limit iirc and is naturally a bigger man with a wider body frame than Manny. Another fact.

But the most damning evidence is Manny went from jr fly to welterweight and was kicking the asses of bigger men. Fact.

Next.
                  When Floyd was that age he weighed the same. The difference is Floyd fought in the Amatuers, Manny fought in the Pros. Manny also got Ko'd at that weight another fact you chose to overlook.
                  No matter how ard u try u can't refute all what Roach admitted about ODLH. It's your word vs Roach's
                  Last edited by DuttyAlacrity; 09-20-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
                    When Floyd was that age he weighed the same. The difference is Floyd fought in the Amatuers, Manny fought in the Pros. Manny also got Ko'd at that weight another fact you chose to overlook.
                    No matter how ard u try u can't refute all what Roach admitted about ODLH. It your word vs Roach's
                    What roach said was probably true but the point is who set the terms of the fight. Was it Manny the guy all hardcores and Filipinos knew about or the global star of boxing and co promoter of the fight Oscar de la Hoya?

It's important because if Manny wasn't the shot caller then DLH made the mistake and I feel no pity for him.

Comment

sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
                      X