No announcement yet.

Just watched the Canelo-Lopez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    Of course it matters. Why he beat the crap out of Lopez? Because he could easily walk though his punches, which of course didn't have power to hurt him. There's going to be one day in which he's going to face someone with the power to hurt him, and if he's there to be hit then he's in serious trouble.

It's easy to plant your feet and stand in front of your opponent throwing bombs knowing that he's not going to answer back.
    Thats what he was suppose to do hes fighting an over matched opponent.

Theres also going to be a day when he faces a marquee fighter and they realize that the kid is no joke and can actually fight. Cotto, Floyd, Martinez whoever they will have to account for what Alvarez brings to the table. No way around it.

He can be hurt yeah. But he can dish that shyt out too. He has the power hurt any 154 pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X.
      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

So now Floyd fans are hyping up Canelo too. Its not just Mexicans smh.

I dont see anything new from Canelo since his US debut. Seriously.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

hyping him up???naw man but i know talent when it
      Ill reserve judgement. For when he faces a guy in the top 20 in his division.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post

Theres also going to be a day when he faces a marquee fighter and they realize that the kid is no joke and can actually fight. Cotto, Floyd, Martinez whoever they will have to account for what Alvarez brings to the table. No way around it.

He can be hurt yeah. But he can dish that shyt out too. He has the power hurt any 154 pounder.
        What do you think of Canelo's defense? Do you think it will get better or that he will become more defensively responsible once he starts fighting better opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Ill reserve judgement. For when he faces a guy in the top 20 in his division.

According to WBC, Josesito was a top opponent, they had him rated at #4 lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            According to WBC, Josesito was a top opponent, they had him rated at #4 lol
            yea i heard that and it was hilarious..that WBC belt has been worthless since Winky dropped it

Comment

the WBC is a joke.

Canelo looked impressive but he was supposed to, he was fighting a blown up JWW. I still think he'll look impressive against Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post

Until I see him against a top 154 fighter I just can't make any real opinion. The kid fights with 0 defense and 100% attack because he knows his opponents are crap. When he finally fights against anyone decent then I'll see if he's able to keep that same style or if he crumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  the WBC is a joke.

Canelo looked impressive but he was supposed to, he was fighting a blown up JWW. I still think he'll look impressive against Cotto
                  Yea people say Cotto would win,but i think he would beat Cotto up and stop him in a classic

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    What do you think of Canelo's defense? Do you think it will get better or that he will become more defensively responsible once he starts fighting better opposition?
                    I think right now its average at best. Once hes fighting better opp I think he'll play up to that talent. Hes not an Ortiz, a guy who will just fold. Its just not the case. I really cant wait to see him tested Im hoping for a Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      Until I see him against a top 154 fighter I just can't make any real opinion. The kid fights with 0 defense and 100% attack because he knows his opponents are crap. When he finally fights against anyone decent then I'll see if he's able to keep that same style or if he crumbles.
                      Fair enough...

They HAVE to get him Cotto next imo. We'll know if hes foreal or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X