Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER vs. MARTINEZ vs. ALVAREZ: Let's Discuss Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez Vs Ward at 164 catchweight, why not ?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      All I'm saying is that if he'd indeed a true SWW, why wouldn't he have moved all the way down to 154 to put himself in line for these fights??? Surely he didn't have to fight Dzinziruk at 160 or Darren Barker.

No one knows if Sergio can 154 fine and healthy, retaining his ability, I doubt it though. He hasn't been there in 4 years.
      What would be the point? He's the Middleweight Champ. Whats the point in moving down if you're not gonna get Mayweather or Cotto?

Its not hard to comprehend.

Comment

People don't fukin care, they just desperately want to see Mayweather Lose

Comment

All I'm saying is that if he'd indeed a true SWW, why wouldn't he have moved all the way down to 154 to put himself in line for these fights??? Surely he didn't have to fight Dzinziruk at 160 or Darren Barker.

No one knows if Sergio can 154 fine and healthy, retaining his ability, I doubt it though. He hasn't been there in 4 years.
          Thats makes no sense. Why would Sergio the MW champ lose his title and campaign at 154 against mediocre competition

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
            Martinez Vs Mayweather could be at a catchweight of 157
            OK. That is cool.

Just for context, please give me other examples of a fighter who fought at an agreed weight of 7 pounds ABOVE his ACTUAL weight.

Here's one: Roy fought at heavyweight while weighing 193. Give me some others...

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              And Martinez is how many divisions away from Ward, Froch and Dirrell?
              Like i already said Martinez fighting ward and Floyd fighting Martinez is basically the same thing and i wouldnt scold either if they didnt take that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                What would be the point? He's the Middleweight Champ. Whats the point in moving down if you're not gonna get Mayweather or Cotto?

Its not hard to comprehend.
                Because if he moved down to 154 and beat a Top contender, it'd put him in a better position to get a Cotto, Floyd, Canelo fight.

You say he can without a doubt make 154 fine and retain his skills there at what will be 38 in next year, and than insinuate that others are speculating by saying he can't make 154 anymore. But in reality both are speculating because Sergio hasn't moved down or fought at 154 since February 2009.

No one knows if Sergio can fight at 154 anymore and he hasn't giving us anything to prove he can, not since 2009, 4 years ago by this February.

Floyd isn't a big WW, were people saying in 2009 that he could make 140 lbs, a weight he hadn't been at in 4 years???

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Yea and agree on a weight limit can mean anything. Maybe cotto wants a 155 limit himself as he has expressed his desire for a MW title.

And does it sound like someone ready to come all the way to 154? No it sounds like someone who wants to agree on a specific limit, nothing less or more. Its called reaching otherwise
                  Yes we can play dumb and say it can mean anything, or we can read between the lines and guess what it most likely means. If Martinez is willing to fight anywhere between 154 and 160 then why is he worried about reaching an agreement on the weight? It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Because if he moved down to 154 and beat a Top contender, it'd put him in a better position to get a Cotto, Floyd, Canelo fight.
                    Haha are you fukin having a laugh? Yeah cos Floyd and Cotto wont fight him now but if he beat a bum like Kirkland at 154, he'd get the fight right away!!

Stop it.

Comment

You say he can without a doubt make 154 fine and retain his skills there at what will be 38 in next year, and than insinuate that others are speculating by saying he can't make 154 anymore. But in reality both are speculating because Sergio hasn't moved down or fought at 154 since February 2009.

No one knows if Sergio can fight at 154 anymore and he hasn't giving us anything to prove he can, not since 2009, 4 years ago by this February.

Floyd isn't a big WW, were people saying in 2009 that he could make 140 lbs, a weight he hadn't been at in 4 years???
                      Better position? What does that even mean?

Do canelo or cotto fight fighters based on rankings? Well they do but that rankings are the lower rankings

And people in 2009 were saying 1 thing, while in reality floyd couldnt even make 146

Comment

Working...
                      X