Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leo santa cruz would destroy rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh how u guys love to over hype pressure fighters. I'll never get it, its a very limited style and there hasn't been a great pressure fighter in quite some time. Santa Cruz is cool but. Beat Rigondeaux? Yea, no.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Oh how u guys love to over hype pressure fighters. I'll never get it, its a very limited style and there hasn't been a great pressure fighter in quite some time. Santa Cruz is cool but. Beat Rigondeaux? Yea, no.
      Accurate pressure is actually how you beat Rigondeaux. That style always wilts under pressure. Santa cruz doesnt just throw wild punches hes pretty accurate that what makes him dangerous. Oh and he is not slow i dont see how people are saying this

Comment

I really like Santa Cruz, he is a real fighter, but nobody can beat Rigondeaux at 122. I think he will drop his 0 way past his prime, but for now El Chacal is untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
          Accurate pressure is actually how you beat Rigondeaux. That style always wilts under pressure. Santa cruz doesnt just throw wild punches hes pretty accurate that what makes him dangerous. Oh and he is not slow i dont see how people are saying this
          I've heard this kinda stuff time and time. A highly skilled boxer will always beat a pressure fighter. Esp if the gap in experience is so wide. I mean live watching boxing since I was a brat and pressure fighters get a lot of hype and praise but its one of the most beatable styles. The truth is the truth.

Comment

I've heard this kinda stuff time and time. A highly skilled boxer will always beat a pressure fighter. Esp if the gap in experience is so wide. I mean live watching boxing since I was a brat and pressure fighters get a lot of hype and praise but its one of the most beatable styles. The truth is the truth.
            Sure a facr forward no defense fighter is easy. Santa cruz gots the goods. Rigos chin is suspect though. Santa cruz just isnt a Come forward pressure fighter. The dude has some Mad skill. I can see him hurting Rigo to the body .

Comment

Sure a facr forward no defense fighter is easy. Santa cruz gots the goods. Rigos chin is suspect though. Santa cruz just isnt a Come forward pressure fighter. The dude has some Mad skill. I can see him hurting Rigo to the body .
              Yea you're not bias at all...

I suppose Rigo can't hurt Santa Cruz to the body huh? You watched Rigo's fight this weekend? Do you remember how they pointed out how he keeps his elbow stuck to his body? It's not an easy thing to get to Rigo's body.

Comment

He has mad skill the way Margarito had mad skill. Its not mad skill. Eric Morales has mad skill. We'll see tho. Not saying I don't appreciate the kids game. I just don't think I'll be picking him over any top 5 122 lber anytime soon. Too much of a skill/experience gap

Comment

A pressure fighter might be the counter for Rigondeaux's style but it's not the sort of pressure fighter that Santa Cruz is. I'm speaking as a big fan of the guy, I've been following him for a couple of years now but he won't beat Rigondeaux.

Santa Cruz's style counter is someone who can move, box well, hit from angles etc. Rigondeaux could make easy work of Santa Cruz who does well to get inside but hasn't really fought a mover.

But lets wait until this actually happens and then everyone will be like ' I knew it was going to happen all along '.

Comment

Man, there are hundreds of examples in boxing history of this simply being untrue.

Comment

Take it from me, there's probably no harder style to overcome than a great pressure fighter who bangs to the body.

Of course you have to have a great chin and great stamina and Santa Cruz seems to have that.

Comment

Working...
                      X