Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather or rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I don't understand the bold.

I really don't consider dominating Gatti or Corrales as great achievements. Considering Corrales dropped a weight class for the fight & Alfonso Gomez retired Gatti.

B-Hop handing Trinidad his a$$ & ruining Pavlik or dominating Tarver are greater, take your pick.

Martinez will press the fight. Floyd is a counter puncher at higher weights & Martinez left to the body will kill all dat rope-a-dope early.
      I asked if you have ward the p4p best

C'mon Trinidad? I have a strong opinion here, this is the guy who got me into boxing. He shouldn't have been at that weight, he hadn't grown out 154 he just wasn't getting ripped anymore, i know it was 157 but Hopkins went as high as light heavy. So what if Gomez retired Gatti, Ali was retired by Trevor Berbick! Gatti went thru Wars, i would question Tarvers ability to do that, even in his prime. But dispite what I've said you haven't required one equal to the physical domination of Gatti or Corrales, even against nobodys , im not aware of hopkins ever looking amazing. I will admit i lacking of knowledge when it comes to B-hop fights but if there was a great one im sure i would know about it.

Really? interesting? Since Martinez is a natural counter puncher and Floyd's gameplan for lefties is to walk them down I think Floyd would be take the lead. What makes you think Martinez will find a home for his Straight left when Cotto couldn't land his hook? And also, how do you think is faster hand? feet?

Comment

Why do people wanna see Martinez fight a guy who never weighed above 151?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Because its two of the best fighters in the sport facing off.

Why do people NOT wanna see that?

Comment

[QUOTE=Light_Speed;12522919]Why do people wanna see Martinez fight a guy who never weighed above 151? [/QUOTE

Two reasons IMO

One: Hate Mayweather and want to see him lose

Two: The No.1 and No.3(IMO) can both fight at 154 and it would be great, if there was justice in boxing this would be 10x bigger and 10x more wanted than Mayweather vs pacquaio

Comment

Sergio vs Mayweather is the best fight out there in boxing....PERIOD. It won't happen though because Mayweather would never risk it. He wants nothing more than to retire undefeated and that's why he's avoided so many fighters at the right time for him.

Whether it was Margarito, Pac or Martinez, Floyd doesn't want to risk anything. I'm not saying he can't beat those guys, or could have beaten them at the time, it's just that Mayweather doesn't take risks in or out of the ring as far as his career is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Because Floyd can beat him, and become a legit middleweight kingpin. Capping off an incredible career, but he needs to step up and get to Martinez before a rematch is made.

Comment

Floyd will never fight Sergio unless he turns into Old Man Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
                    I asked if you have ward the p4p best

C'mon Trinidad? I have a strong opinion here, this is the guy who got me into boxing. He shouldn't have been at that weight, he hadn't grown out 154 he just wasn't getting ripped anymore, i know it was 157 but Hopkins went as high as light heavy. So what if Gomez retired Gatti, Ali was retired by Trevor Berbick! Gatti went thru Wars, i would question Tarvers ability to do that, even in his prime. But dispite what I've said you haven't required one equal to the physical domination of Gatti or Corrales, even against nobodys , im not aware of hopkins ever looking amazing. I will admit i lacking of knowledge when it comes to B-hop fights but if there was a great one im sure i would know about it.

Really? interesting? Since Martinez is a natural counter puncher and Floyd's gameplan for lefties is to walk them down I think Floyd would be take the lead. What makes you think Martinez will find a home for his Straight left when Cotto couldn't land his hook? And also, how do you think is faster hand? feet?
                    Hopkins dominated Trinidad, the favored undefeated 160lb champion bro. Tito was supposed to walk through Hopkins on his way to Jones. B-Hop destroyed him. Tarver was supposed to end B-Hops career, he got sonned & Pavlik was supposed to be the 1st fighter to ko B-Hop, instead he got his butt pushed in. All dominating fights over the favorites. If you don't know about B-Hops career, I don't see how you can argue against it.

Floyd won't walk down a bigger, stronger fighter. Floyd walked down Judah yes & traded with Ortiz, but neither are on Martinez's level. Cotto landed plenty of shots on Floyd, I've never seen Floyd miss that much actually. But again the Cotto/Martinez comparo is not legit because Martinez is better than Cotto.

Floyd might have faster hands as of now, but I'm not sure. Martinez right now definitely has the faster feet. His footwork are some of the best in the world. Floyd has been far more stationary now than he's ever been.

Yes Ward imo is the best fighter in the world. (Not to be confused with greatest). But with Floyd, B-Hop, Pacman & Martinez all showing their age while Ward is just hitting his stride, he's definitely better than them atm.

Comment

hahahahahahahaaaaa:Aui: in what life time would Floyd Mayweater ever fight Sergio.....thats funny! He wont even fight little Manny.....LMFAO

Comment

Working...
                      X