Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of these middleweights from the last 2 decades could have beaten Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
    SRS?..

Trinidad would have shat all over those clowns. And did you know Pavlik was sick with a serious illness and almost died just before the martinez fight and he had to lose A LOT of weight in a very short time? Paul Williams (get well soon) was another average fighter with garbage head movement and defense.

Look at how easy JCC Jr forced a serious mistake by martinez..

Bernard Hopkins, dude is one of the most boxing-savy motherfackers in history. Of course he'd handle Martinez. He'd systematically shut him down and tire him into a TKO (refer to martinez's chin).

The constant overrating and shet has gone WAAAAY too far..
    I didn't say I pick Martinez over Hopkins. I'm pointing out that his best middle wins are pretty crappy. Pavlik's destruction of Taylor is better than anything Tito did at middle including the Joppy fight. Williams wasn't average in any way. He shut out Winky Wright.
    Last edited by Cardinal Buck; 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
      No, Trinidad is better than Williams, Pavlik and Martinez. And Hopkins at MW beat Glenn Jhonson 32-0, Howard Eastman, Robert Allen, William Joppy, Antwun Echols, John David Jackson, Joe Lipsey. All this fighters are betterr than Chavez, All that fighters have chance against Martinez.
      Thank you for reading off boxrec. I'm well aware of Hopkins' crappy resume at middle other than the Trinidad win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
        Hopkins never beat anyone at middle close to Martinez's level. His top win there (Trinidad) is at a similar level to Williams and Pavlik.
        hahaha you are trolling or very stupid!

Comment

Lol @ people thinking Martinez beats Toney at 160.

Even more comical that people think he could beat Hopkins (a top 5 ATG MW).

Kids using drugs and boxrec have turned this site to ****.
          Last edited by Khalid X; 09-16-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
            I didn't say I pick Martinez over Hopkins. I'm pointing out that his best middle wins are pretty crappy. Pavlik's destruction of Taylor is better than anything Tito did at middle including the Joppy fight. Williams wasn't average in any way. He shut out Winky Wright.
            Wasn't the same Wright who beat Mosley and Trinidad.

Triangle theory is irrelevant.

Comment

There is no triangle theory.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                You are comparing Jones and Nunn to Martinez

Toney didn't really have trouble finding Nunn and it was actually a close fight, he was doing excellent work in the later rounds, great great application of the right hand.
                Style wise yes.

Comment

Threads like this is what turns people against fighters and make them hated on here. Hopefully that doesn’t happen to Martinez

Comment

nearly all of them, besides Taylor and Sturm

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
                      Lol @ people thinking Martinez beats Toney at 160.

Even more comical that people think he could beat Hopkins (a top 5 ATG MW).

Kids using drugs and boxrec have turned this site to ****.

Only one person somewhat HINTED that Martinez could maybe just maybe beat Toney. The vast majority of people on this site thinks Martinez would lose to most of them (the polls say the same as well). We all know Martinez loses to Hopkins,Toney etc. I think a lot of people just think Martinez will make it a competitive fight. I think Martinez loses to 80% of that list, but I don't see anyone just totally destroying him.

Comment

Working...
                      X