Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Martinez Derails KO Attempt, Beats Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Nobody should be surprised that Martinez schooled Chavez jr every single round leading into the 12. Losing 30 seconds of an entire fight does not warrant a rematch. Too many other good fights to be made.

Not to mention we don't want to hear any more excuses about Chavez being drained and weak etc. Move up to SMW, LHW, CW, or STFU.....
    Second. A rematch should not be thrown out but does not necessary have to be next for Martinez.

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    any pics of chavez from today? I bet his face looks f'd up!
    Second.

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    Chavez lost the battle and still managed to completley embarrass martinez that wasnt an average knockdown that was a brutal one martiz miraculously survived that final round.
    LOL. Martinez beats Chavez again in a rematch. Write it down.

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    Every article I'd seen before this has been "Martinez SURVIVES Chavez Jr"...basically suggesting it was some close, controversial decision where Martinez was beat up and barely made it...

Last I saw, Martinez beat up Chavez for 11 1/2 rounds, rose in the 12th from some nuclear shots from a crusierweight, and fought back until the end with a smile
    Second.

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Reality.

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
    IMHO if chavez could have invested more damage on the earlier rounds it could have helped him getting the KO, if the rematch happens which the current sign it is most likely to happen as the match did good business and the fact that the last round gave some hope on how to defeat sergio....
    It leaves intrigue for a rematch, but Martinez dominates Jr. again without the close call next time. He won't be trying to make good on pre-fight bravado next time. He is the much more elite fighter.

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
    To that add that Chavesillo outweighed Martinez by about 20lbs & Martinez ended the fight with a broken left hand & torn ligaments on his right knee!! & with all that a HURT Martinez GOT UP TO TRADE(not to hold on like Chavesillo claims) in the 12th & Chavesillo couldn't STILL finish him off!!Chavesillo is NO WHERE near the level of a fighter Martinez is & doesn't deserve a rematch cause is gonna be another lopsided beating for Chavesillo or an EVEN WORST ONE!!!
    Second. Rematch looks exactly the same as rounds 1 - 11 with no 12th round drama.

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
    You sound completely crazy. Jr. Had a full half a rd to close the show. He threw SM down the second time. & Serg was so gangster that he actually fought him off to avoid being kayo'd not some miracle as u suggest. Your takin up for a guy who weighed 180+Lbs last night & was getting walked down by a guy who weighed 160+. What are u saying. Ur guy only threw 300 total punches over 12 rds.....foh.
    Second. Some great post fight comments coming through. Glad most folks saw what I did.

Comment

I do want to see a rematch. I do think Chavez can make it! Martinez did a lot of trash talk and almost end ko.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
        What an arroggant title "martinez derails ko attempt" a chavez hater martinez stan wrote this, more like Martinez miraculously survives ko attempt in final round"
        lol this guys picture is of the knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by whitelightning8 View Post
          lol this guys picture is of the knockdown
          it's kind of like this video:

Miguel Cotto 'busts up' Manny Pacquiao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xR4J5U7WDY

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            LOL. Martinez beats Chavez again in a rematch. Write it down.
            Agreed

Comment

I would like to see a rematch of these guys fighting again. Same result would happen in a rematch. If Martinez sticks to the game plan and doesn't stand toe for toe with Chavez Jr.

Comment

Why not a rematch, the money is there.
                Martinez gave a schooling to the kid who is apparently a bum and this so called bum managed to drop a top p4p even though it was at the end of the fight Chavez still dropped Martinez and hurt him pretty bad.
                Martinez will do the same thing and won't get careless next time.
                Both will get big pay days and that is the only reason for the rematch.
                Thanks to Chavez for landing a bomb because that's the only reason this fight would have a rematch and is the only reason why people would want to see it again because in the back of their minds anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
                X