Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Martinez Derails KO Attempt, Beats Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those pics of sergio at the end don't look like a guy who's just torn his knee ligaments?? lol cmon!

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
      I'm glad that even the spanish networks are admitting that both Canelo and Chavez Jr. are coddled boxers. Many view what happened last night between Chavez and Martinez as a good thing for boxing and what ultimately happens when you put an elite fighter against one that is manufactured into a champion. Perception sells a lot of fights in boxing but the truth comes out in the ring. Entertaining fight but this is the fate these protected fighters will face when they finally step up in competition.
      yeah theyve been coddled and brought along slowly sO what?? why are people soo jealous? theyve still had to pay the price, and martinez is an elite fighter but that almost DID NOT MATTER LAST night as he barley survived . CHAVEZ IS STILL THE BIGGER STAR CHAVEZ STILL HAS MUCH TO LEARN AND CHAVEZ WILL KEEP IMPROVING AS TIME IS ON HIS SIDE NOT MARTINEZ,SERGIO HAD BROKEN BONES LIGAMENTS AND WAS HURT VERY BADLY AND AT AGE 37 DOESNT HAVE THE FUTURE CHAVEZ JR HAS,NEVER WILL. cHAVEZ WILL STOP HIM IN A REMATCH, ALTHOUGH CHAVEZ SHOULD TAKE A FEW MORE EASY FIGHTS TO KEEP DEVELOPING AND THEN FIGHT MARTINEZ AGAIN, CHAVEZ DID US PROUD,MARTINEZ WAS HUMILIATED AND EMBARRASSED EVEN IN WIN.
      SERGIO STANS A KID WITH NO AMETEUR BACKROUND ALMOST KOD YOUR GUY AND THATS WHAT WILL BE REMEMBERED NOT THE 11 ROUNDS BEFORE IT, CHAVEZ CAME OUT A WINNER AS HE LEARNED HE HAS MUCH TO LEARN AND HE KNOWS HE CAN HURT AND KO THIS GUY.

Comment

Chavez lost the battle and still managed to completley embarrass martinez that wasnt an average knockdown that was a brutal one martiz miraculously survived that final round.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
          What an arroggant title "martinez derails ko attempt" a chavez hater martinez stan wrote this, more like Martinez miraculously survives ko attempt in final round"
          Every article I'd seen before this has been "Martinez SURVIVES Chavez Jr"...basically suggesting it was some close, controversial decision where Martinez was beat up and barely made it...

Last I saw, Martinez beat up Chavez for 11 1/2 rounds, rose in the 12th from some nuclear shots from a crusierweight, and fought back until the end with a smile

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
            yeah theyve been coddled and brought along slowly sO what?? why are people soo jealous? theyve still had to pay the price, and martinez is an elite fighter but that almost DID NOT MATTER LAST night as he barley survived . CHAVEZ IS STILL THE BIGGER STAR CHAVEZ STILL HAS MUCH TO LEARN AND CHAVEZ WILL KEEP IMPROVING AS TIME IS ON HIS SIDE NOT MARTINEZ,SERGIO HAD BROKEN BONES LIGAMENTS AND WAS HURT VERY BADLY AND AT AGE 37 DOESNT HAVE THE FUTURE CHAVEZ JR HAS,NEVER WILL. cHAVEZ WILL STOP HIM IN A REMATCH, ALTHOUGH CHAVEZ SHOULD TAKE A FEW MORE EASY FIGHTS TO KEEP DEVELOPING AND THEN FIGHT MARTINEZ AGAIN, CHAVEZ DID US PROUD,MARTINEZ WAS HUMILIATED AND EMBARRASSED EVEN IN WIN.
            SERGIO STANS A KID WITH NO AMETEUR BACKROUND ALMOST KOD YOUR GUY AND THATS WHAT WILL BE REMEMBERED NOT THE 11 ROUNDS BEFORE IT, CHAVEZ CAME OUT A WINNER AS HE LEARNED HE HAS MUCH TO LEARN AND HE KNOWS HE CAN HURT AND KO THIS GUY.
            Caps lock makes your comment that much more legitimate, actually everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that's exactly what this is an opinion. The facts are cruiserweight Chavez was bullied around for 11 rounds had no answers from a boxing stand point , we saw no technique whatsoever from Chavez. Props to him for letting it all go there at the end resulting in a dramatic ending but to say people are jealous because they're stating facts makes you seem a little childish. Like I said opinions we're all entitled to them, doesn't mean they're right. Chavez is marketable I'll give you that but so is Justin Bieber? Does that merit respect of some sort? Does it make him anymore of a boxer or human because he carries a the name of a legend? To me, nope. He has some balls and is an entertaining fighter but no match for the elite at least not now.

Comment

Yes Martinez did derail ok attempt. He got back up and stood toe to toe c
              And Chavez jr. couldn't finish him. Chavez jr. is getting way too much credit for one good round where he couldn't even finish a hurt opponent. He got embarrassed for 11 rounds. Those are the facts.

Comment

Bias fans are the lamest on this site.. You guys give a one round KO attempt such a big deal, its boxing anything can happen.. But I think everyone saw what level Maravilla is on compared to JCC.. its like comparing a Cadillac (Maravilla) to a VW bug (JCC)...IT was sheer talent over manufactured boxer...lol.. Canellita is next, gna get exposed if he decides to fight a legit 154 pounder...

Comment

I don't see why there's any point to bash either fighter...we all know chavez has been coddled but he showed signs of growth in this fight...didn't give up was headstrong the entire fight...martinez is just an absolute beast and he fought an amazing fight but chavez deserves credit for taking a beating and after it all was still able to hurt martinez like we've never seen...great night of boxing...big ups to both fighters

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                    any pics of chavez from today? I bet his face looks f'd up!

Comment

IMHO if chavez could have invested more damage on the earlier rounds it could have helped him getting the KO, if the rematch happens which the current sign it is most likely to happen as the match did good business and the fact that the last round gave some hope on how to defeat sergio....

Comment

Working...
                      X