Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: frank Warren: Froch Wanted No Part of Prime Calzaghe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Calzaghe had just peaked when Froch started calling him out, he fought Jones Jr a month prior to Froch's fight against Pascal. A fight between the two would not make sense.
    but a fight between calzaghe and shot jones jr did?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      but a fight between calzaghe and shot jones jr did?
      Of course.

Comment

Ah yes good old frank warren. The best source for unbiased and accurate retelling of past events. Its the worst when him and Bob Arum are in the same room, the earth's magnetic fields usually cannot hold that much honesty in one geographic location and everyone starts getting shocked by all of the energy.

Comment

Of course.
          if calzaghe fought and beat(doubtful) froch his stock and legacy would have gone up tremendously when froch turned out to be one of the top guys for the next 5 years similar to when lennox beat vitali. but he fought roy jones jr who was completely shot and has done nothing but get knocked out over and over. then he said he's the legend killer?

Comment

I doubt Froch would've ever turned down a fight with Calzaghe.

It was never really a viable fight. Calzaghe was unified champion and Froch was still on European sort of level.

There is no case to say either avoided each other. Just revisionist history.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              if calzaghe fought and beat(doubtful) froch his stock and legacy would have gone up tremendously when froch turned out to be one of the top guys for the next 5 years similar to when lennox beat vitali. but he fought roy jones jr who was completely shot and has done nothing but get knocked out over and over. then he said he's the legend killer?
              Hindsight.

Froch at that time had beaten Albert Rybacki and previously defended his British SMW title against Reid. Now, Jones Jr may have been shot but he had a name. Froch had neither a name or a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I doubt Froch would've ever turned down a fight with Calzaghe.

It was never really a viable fight. Calzaghe was unified champion and Froch was still on European sort of level.

There is no case to say either avoided each other. Just revisionist history.

you've been very quiet since your exposure in "the thunderdome."
                that place is silly, and i wouldn't pay it any mind.

personally, i'd like to see you get more vocal. can we count on another strong showing from you if / when haye fights vitali?

if he beats vitali (which i'd pick him to do at this stage in vitali's career,) i expect nothing less than a thousand posts from you on the subject.
                Last edited by New England; 09-15-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you've been very quiet since your exposure in "the thunderdome"

personally, i'd like to see you get more vocal. can we count on another strong showing from you if / when haye fights vitali?

if he beats vitali (which i'd pick him to do at this stage in vitali's career,) i expect nothing less than a thousand posts from you on the subject.
                  I got banned for like 3 months. Nice to know I still have loyal followers though I guess.

Comment

Hindsight.

Froch at that time had beaten Albert Rybacki and previously defended his British SMW title against Reid. Now, Jones Jr may have been shot but he had a name. Froch had neither a name or a belt.
                    calzaghe spent his entire career fighting guys without names or belts.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Prime Froch vs. Prime Calzaghe ends one way. Froch KO.

The guy who said Calzaghe beats Ward - hahahahahahahaha. You're joking, surely?
                      Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                      Don't be a mug son

Comment

Working...
                      X