Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Maidana Open To Matthysse, at a Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it difficult to believe Maidana can't make 140lbs. I take it this fight would take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina?

Comment

I doubt Matthysse wants to face Maidana next not that he's scared but he has a much better option with facing the winner of Garcia-Morales II. Good match-up but I would fully expect Matthysse to beat Maidana by KO.

Comment

Yeah Matthysse is a terminator and Maidana's been hurt by far lesser punchers. Would be great while it lasted though. Then fight Rios.

Comment

This is on my fantasy fight list. MAKE IT HAPPEN. WARGENTINA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I find it difficult to believe Maidana can't make 140lbs. I take it this fight would take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina?
            This. Last i saw maidana at 147, he had some extra flab in the midesction that seemingly could come off.

With that said, no qualms from me. 143-144, is both legit and fair for both fighters imo.

Comment

Maidana said he looked terrible against Alexander because he was at 147. Now he's fighting there again and claiming he can't make 140? Just make it happen catchweight is no big deal.

Comment

Maidana no catch weights just fight Lucas at 140. You didn't bring your power at 147 so just fight him at that weight you both are good at 140.

Comment

whatever it takes, just make it happen...

Comment

PLEEEEEEASE Happen!!!

Classic in the making! My pick would be Matthysse though, he's the more refined of the two and probably the puncher too.

I know Marcos has two amateur wins over him (they drew the 3rd fight) but Lucas looks a far better pro in my eyes

Comment

Hate to say it but I think Ive already seen the best from Maidana... at WW? Eh.

Rios-Matthysse would be amazing.

Though Maidana - Lucas is still an entertaining fight, Id watch it.

Comment

Working...
                      X