No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
    haha. so khan fights all the top fighters, fights like a warrior and shows ton of a heart, yet people still hate on him
    Hilarious how a flip is the one to defend Khan. Why is that I wonder? Could it be because he happened to train with Roach and spar with Pac and nothing else? That's sad.

Does that also mean you love Chavez Jr, Linares, Vanes and every other fighter that ever trained with Roach and sparred with Pac?

What a ****.

Comment

What a heart! Wish every fighter had heart & courage like him. Nothing can break khans spirit. He might full of him self at times & say what you want that he sucjs blah blah blah ect, but he's always up for taking on the best & taking risk showing no fear.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post

Props to Khan if he really takes this chalenge
        One thing about Khan is the guy does have balls, for some reason he will fight the hardest punchers knowing he has a glass chin.

Also, its not a good look for Khan, the guy is slurring his words already in this interview his tongue gets tied a few times and his tongue seems a bit heavy, he really needs to stop trading blows like he thinks he is Manny Pacquiao or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Hilarious how a flip is the one to defend Khan. Why is that I wonder? Could it be because he happened to train with Roach and spar with Pac and nothing else? That's sad.

Does that also mean you love Chavez Jr, Linares, Vanes and every other fighter that ever trained with Roach and sparred with Pac?

What a ****.
          I heard they hate Filipinos in Australia?

Comment

With 2 losses on the spin and coming off a KO loss if Khan is serioius about this fight there is no question he has a huge amount of courage but this is not a wise match up for him right now if he has long term plans to stay in the fight game.

Comment

I think Khan would beat Matthysse he would outbox him using his jab speed combination punching and angles.His chin should hold up if he fights smart for 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                I heard they hate Filipinos in Australia?
                Did you? Really? First I've heard of it. The only rivalry Aussies have is with the English ad it certainly isn't based on hate. Aussies hold no hate for anyone mate. Filipinos though? God knows why you'd spout that ****...It's not as if our sporting hero/heroes have been beaten by one, nor has there ever been any rivalry historically.

However, the Flips have a bizarre level of hate (or love) for just about anything that relates directly or indirectly to Pac. For instance, Gamboa signs with TMT, 50 Cents promotion company, and suddenly you hear Pac fans slagging on him, simply because 50 Cent is friends with Mayweather.

Marquez fights him and doesn't stand there and lose like he should and he's the biggest ****** **** ****er that's ever been born...and a piss drinker to boot!

Or Khan, who goes from being absolutely nobody to being loved by Pac fans for no other reason than he sparred with Pac and trains with Roach. They certainly didn't hold any love for him beforehand when he didn't train with Roach. Or did they?

Funny that isn't it? Actually, no, it's not funny. It's ****ing pathetic! As a rational human being and boxing fan in general, not as an Aussie, I find that ridiculously hypocritical.

I can understand hating Mayweather, but hating those indirectly involved? That's sad. Loving those indirectly involved with Pac? Also very sad.

As for Khan fighting Matthysse, I think Lucas is being quite overrated at the moment. Although a top 140 fighter, he could easily lose to Khan in my opinion and the outcome is not guaranteed. Khan has heart and won't go down without a fight. Khan would fight smarter against someone of his obvious punching capabilities and not exchange as he did with Garcia. Would be a great fight! I'd love to see it. Would give us another look of Matthysse's possible top flight ability.
                Last edited by BennyST; 09-12-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

This will be such a brutal beating that Rodney King's ghost will be mortified.

Comment

if this happens, its a wrap for khan.......

he may be deluded, but you gotta give him credit for taking on the challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                      Khans problem is that hes mentally weak and he crumbles under pressure. He looks like a lost child in there when you bring the fight to him, he doesnt know what to do and the gameplan goes out the window.
                      Khan didn't crumble under pressure in the Maidana fight when he had him badly hurt staggering around the ring.He showed a lot of mental toughness in that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X