No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez: I'm Satisifed Martinez Has Underestimated Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    The small ring, coupled with the fact that Lee doesn't have good head/torso movement, made him a sitting duck. He was forced to fight in the phone-booth and couldn't do shit about it.
    True that, I got excited about it early on.... thennnnnn womp.
    I hope Lou does measure that ring, I don't trust any of Chavez's people (Arum, judges, WBC)

Comment

Yup, lee's biggest strength till that point had been the jab and it was settign everything else up.. As soon as he strated trading with Jr., it was not going to end well. Lee has decent power but, he was the smaller man in every aspect. Martinez can deal with solid pressure(AKA Williams), so he needs to box and move, trade her and there but not let Chavez cut his movement off. By the 6th round Jr. should be sucking air hard and thats where Martinez should shine..Its an exciting Fight!!!

Comment

I though initially, all Martinez wanted was the Ring dimensions, he didnt care about the gloves or marketing details..

Comment

The Martinez that beat Paul Williams would flatten Chavez Jr.

Unfortunately I think he's lost a step since then and there is something about Jr's style that makes me think it's going to be taken full advantage of.

It might just be age, but I think Sergio is on the decline athletically and his style heavily revolves around his athleticism. I don't think he moves his body as fast as he wills or wants it to anymore.

I've maintained the same position since the fight was announced. If Jr. can take Martinez's shots without backing up, it's game over for Sergio. If Sergio can establish his power though, then Chavez's face is getting rearranged.

Comment

for you pinataheads that think jokejr has a chance. i'm offering 3to1 child chavez gets his asz handed to him in fb forum:
            http://http://www.boxingscene.com/fo...d.php?t=565259

Comment

If Martinez underestimates JCC, it puts a lot of pressure on him. Now he has to back up his talk. Martinez needs to get over the fact that he had to wait so long to fight JCC and that he is getting less money. Carrying that in the ring could motivate him, or hurt him. If Martinez loses, it looks bad with all the talking he did.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                chavez jr may not be as quick as sergio but his punches are way heavier...chavez will dig the sides of martinez and the argentinian will slowly fall...
                Martinez will fall hard that night, can't wait for all the haters to be very surprised that night, crying when Martinez hits the canvas hard. show them Chavez jr that your the gran chingon!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  If Martinez underestimates JCC, it puts a lot of pressure on him. Now he has to back up his talk. Martinez needs to get over the fact that he had to wait so long to fight JCC and that he is getting less money. Carrying that in the ring could motivate him, or hurt him. If Martinez loses, it looks bad with all the talking he did.
                  Martinez is talking a lot because hes nervous, and wants to reassure himself, but he knows deep down inside hes in for a hard fought fight that night, and mite lose.
                  Last edited by Toltec77; 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

What kind of answer is that~ that is a bad place for his mind to because what if Martinez is fully prepared.

Comment

Martinez is going to bust this dudes ass. He will try to barge his way in a get chopped up doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X