Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao drops from the top two of SI.coms p4p ratings for 1st time since 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An established duck can't be number one. If you're being ducked by Floyd da best means you're number one. It's a no brainer.

Comment

*Floyd
      *Andre
      Sergio
      Juan
      manny

May switch their places depending on how they look in their next fights or if Floyd doesn't announce his next fight quick enough

Comment

Well deserved ranking for Dre Ward.

I know he wanted a break after the super 6 but I hope he's more active in 2013.

Comment

How is Pac #3? That is a disgrace.

Not one person can validate him being in the top 5 and some could make a very great argument at not even being in the top 10.

Comment

Ward is #1 P4P in my list. But it's my list. Your list and reasons may be different. Ward just dominated the top light heavyweight champion and knocked him out. I wouldn't argue though if Floyd was #1. The level and condition of opposition of Ward's past 5 opponents beats Floyd's, BUT Floyd's resume is still better than Ward's.

My top P4P:
            Andre Ward
            Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
            Sergio Martinez
            Juan Manuel Marquez
            Manny Pacquiao
            Carl Froch
            Nonito Donaire
            Wladimir Klitschko
            Vitali Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
              Ward is #1 P4P in my list. But it's my list. Your list and reasons may be different. Ward just dominated the top light heavyweight champion and knocked him out. I wouldn't argue though if Floyd was #1. The level and condition of opposition of Ward's past 5 opponents beats Floyd's, BUT Floyd's resume is still better than Ward's.

My top P4P:
              Andre Ward
              Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
              Sergio Martinez
              Juan Manuel Marquez
              Manny Pacquiao
              Carl Froch
              Nonito Donaire
              Wladimir Klitschko
              Vitali Klitschko
              Yeah, but resume shouldn't translate to pfp, (which I believe is interpreted on a present tense basis).

Ward is also my #1 because the level of opposition these last 2 years like we agree have been better than Floyd's. And far far better than Pacman. Pfp used to change a lot as late as the early 2000's. But to support the Pacman/Floyd hype train they've been dominating the top spots while not really beating any impressive fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                How is Pac #3? That is a disgrace.

Not one person can validate him being in the top 5 and some could make a very great argument at not even being in the top 10.
                "It's pitiful.....the shyts political"

-Jadakiss

Comment

It's expected considering Pac's last couple / few performances.

But again guys, P4P lists (especially SI) are subjective. People can make valid points, but who's to say who's right or wrong?

Comment

Long overdue. And Martinez and Marquez should take over 3 and 4. I know Martinez will move up to #3 when he destroys Chavez Jr.

Too bad this is only one major P4P list. I wish The Ring would do the same. Finally get Pacquiao down where he belongs, move down Donaire too who hasn't done anything since beating Montiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                      Pacquiao hasn't done anything in years to justify being in the top 5.

The business of boxing knows that his supporters are zealots and therefore good for PPV buys, ticket sales and merchandise sales.

They want to keep the ones who are willing to pay for Pacquiao's bullshit fights happy.

Yet they won't release the official PPV buys.

You gotta love the way Arum strings them along. Its really sad, yet amusing at the same time.
                      you're right and Mayweather hasn't done much either.

Comment

Working...
                      X