Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs (past and present) Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitali before his lay off would finish Haye pretty early, he was more aggressive and a lot quicker back then.

Vitali, to me, looks to have slowed down even since the Arreola fight. The way he looked against Charr, I could see Haye having a chance. I think age has caught up to Big Klit, and with him slowing down, a fast athletic fighter like Haye could have a shot.

The one that I'm not certain about is the Vitali from the Arreola, I seem to remember him still looking pretty good in that fight, but Haye would still have a chance with Klitschko being a bit older and slower.

Essentially, I'd call Haye - Klit from Arreola and Charr fights around 50-50, although I'd have to say Haye has a better shot against the Klit from the Charr fight. Prime Vitali... no chance.

Comment

Haye is the man he destroys any version of Vitali.

Comment

Any version of either Klitscho Brother > than any version of David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          I actually believe that Vitali that fought Arreola is the better overall fighter than the one fought Lennox or Herbie.
          After he returned he looked much more experienced, with the much better defence and I think he was picking his punches better. Maybe his output has dropped but he still was landing a LOT of punches in every round of every fight.

He injured himself in the Byrd fight as he was too aggressive - he was trying to KO byrd by furious attacks. He wasn't used to finish the fight with the large UD. All the opponents prior to Byrd, he handled with the TKO/KO and quite fast.

I think the fight with Arreola (although Arreola is nowhere near HOF material) was Vitali's peak. It was a perfect fight, both defensively and offensively.
          I agree. He looked more experienced with a far better defence after his comeback. I think he was in his peak in the Peter & Arreola fights; less agressive and spectacular but overall better fighter, more tactical and better use of his size. His handspeed was incredible.
          He is clearly not the same now.

Comment

Working...
          X