No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Andre Dirrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    He has the talent. However he doesn't have a fighters mentality. He won't dig down to win. I'll never forget his corner begging & pleading with him to stop running from Froch all the while he acted like he was ion a footrace or some $h1t.
    This.

Dirrell has the talent to cause Ward a lot of problems, but he doesn't have the mentality to do it. I think he'd break down in the second half of the fight and either get stopped late (I could almost see Ward making him throw the towel in for some reason) or lost a wide decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      I like Anthony but he's been dogged, first with the cancer and now his accident.

I hope he can get back in the game, he's a talent
      I believe the accident was in may and the article that i read stated that he should only be out for 8 months maximum. I think (and hopefully lol) he will be ready by the beginning of next year. His talent is through the roof, and IMO hes the better of the Dirrell brothers.

Comment

Once Ward put pressure on Dirrell, the fight is over. Late stoppage due to pressure from Ward.

Comment

Ward gives him a boxing lesson. Dirrell becomes frustrated and either gets careless and knocked out or gets knocked down multiple times and quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            He's the one with the best chance to dethrone Ward.
            Agreed. Dirrell has tons of talent. He just doesn't seem to have tons of heart.

Ward has tons of both.

That would be a great fight because Ward would go for blood and we'd all get to see what Dirrell was really made of.

Personally, I think Dirrell needs some toughening up if he wants to stay at the elite level.

I'd like to see Dirrell develop a mean streak before even signing a paper with Ward's name on it. He'd be interesting at that point.

Comment

Dirells only chance is to keep it a long range chess match, but ward will get on the inside and thats where direll loses the fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I used to think so, but Ward is just snowballing now, his style is one of those nightmare styles for anyone. Not even Dirrell and his quick feet can get him away from Wards nacho cheese style.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  Dirells only chance is to keep it a long range chess match, but ward will get on the inside and thats where direll loses the fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  i don't think it will be as easy as "he will get inside"

how?

Dirrell is fast as **** and he's moving around the ring at PACE, nonstop, he slides along the ropes and is VERY difficult to pin down.

I think it is a fascinating matchup, i'm jut not sure if Dirrell will even get there, he is wasting years of his prime, and his style won't age well past 30

Comment

Dirrells hands are stupidly fast, Id love to see Ward adapt to it..

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Dirrells hands are stupidly fast, Id love to see Ward adapt to it..
                      reminds me of Jones/Hopkins 1 this matchup

there are differences obviously, but i could see it follow a simmilar pattern

Comment

Working...
                      X