• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope sergio leaves that cheating scumbag some permanent injuries

Comment

Chavez Jr

Comment

I'm rooting for Chavez just because Martinez has become yet another hype job having only fought Williams and Pavlik in 2010 and an assortment of bums since then.

At least Chavez is young and can say that he's still green. Martinez has been around long enough to have more than 2 noteworthy wins on his resume of 53 fights.

Yet he doesn't.

I'm rooting for Chavez to put a hurting on Martinez.

Comment

Chavez Jr. because everyone wants Martinez to win. Plus Chavez Jr has become somewhat of a bad guy which I believe suits him quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            I'm rooting for Chavez just because Martinez has become yet another hype job having only fought Williams and Pavlik in 2010 and an assortment of bums since then.

At least Chavez is young and can say that he's still green. Martinez has been around long enough to have more than 2 noteworthy wins on his resume of 53 fights.

Yet he doesn't.

I'm rooting for Chavez to put a hurting on Martinez.
            All the people rooting for Chavez have such dumb reasons for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              All the people rooting for Chavez have such dumb reasons for doing so.
              Umm .. no. I don't think my reason in dumb.

I've never been a Chavez jr fan, but I don't like the sense of entitlement that Martinez has developed after having accomplished so little. He behaves as though he's entitled to a shot at the type of money that a Mayweather or a Pacquiao fight would generate. He isn't. Plus he looks desperate seeking opposition 2 divisions lower than he currently competes at.

Sergio could take more risks by fighting better opposition that is available to him. Instead, Martinez has played it extremely safe for the past two years.

Chavez jr brings something new and young to the sport. While quite frankly Martinez has had his 15 minutes of fame. Sergio hasn't done anything worth talking about since 2010 and the whole "everyone ducked him" excuse feels older than Sergio himself.

Plus I want to see what Chavez is really made of. Let's see what Sergio can bring out of Julio jr. I want Chavez to win, but only if he really impresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Even if he is gay, so what? He'd still whoop your ass any day of the week.

No it's not just the color pink, it's the fact that he's wearing pink speedos, that shit is mad gay. Just google search pink speedo and look at the images.
                he'd still be

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Umm .. no. I don't think my reason in dumb.

I've never been a Chavez jr fan, but I don't like the sense of entitlement that Martinez has developed after having accomplished so little. He behaves as though he's entitled to a shot at the type of money that a Mayweather or a Pacquiao fight would generate. He isn't. Plus he looks desperate seeking opposition 2 divisions lower than he currently competes at.

Sergio could take more risks by fighting better opposition that is available to him. Instead, Martinez has played it extremely safe for the past two years.

Chavez jr brings something new and young to the sport. While quite frankly Martinez has had his 15 minutes of fame. Sergio hasn't done anything worth talking about since 2010 and the whole "everyone ducked him" excuse feels older than Sergio himself.

Plus I want to see what Chavez is really made of. Let's see what Sergio can bring out of Julio jr. I want Chavez to win, but only if he really impresses.
                  Like your input but I disagree with you saying Martinez did not 'earn' it, and how he didn't achieve anything. Or even that he played it safe.

Let's take a brief look at Sergio's recent and overall performances.

Mathew Macklin
                  Macklin is ranked pretty high on most boxing lists,he's underrated too. Previously lost to Felix Sturm in controversial points decision, a fight that he really should have won. Sturm managed to stop Zbik, someone who Jr beat via controversial points decision. Sergio knocked him out

Darren Barker - Undefeated European champion, Barker was the same as Zbik in terms of level, maybe slightly higher. Sergio knocked him out as well.

Serhiy Dzinzuruk TKO 8 - Sergio destroyed the WBO Champion.Martinez dropped him 5 times

Paul Williams TKO 2 - A better win then anything Jr or any other top 10 MW atm have accomplished.

You could make a case Sergio won the first fight as well.
                  A great Performance VS a still Prime Kelly Pavlik to become champion.

The guys Sergio knocked out recently is very under rated and dangerous as hell. They are all solid ranked fighters that has been avoided by a lot of people. Now should Sergio have been fighting and beating the likes of
                  Pirog-Quillin-Nasaam- and Gennady? You can say that he should.
                  But think about it. What the Hell have Pirog-Quillen-Nasaam and Gennady accomplished so far? They all ducked each other for the longest time and the best win on their combined resumes is probably a shot Winky Wright.

Not one of them deserves a shot at Sergio, so he just fought other ranked guys hovering around the 4 right below him and Jr.

Comment

Martinez!!..juniors sideburns disgust me!!

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
                      Like your input but I disagree with you saying Martinez did not 'earn' it, and how he didn't achieve anything. Or even that he played it safe.

Let's take a brief look at Sergio's recent and overall performances.

Mathew Macklin
                      Macklin is ranked pretty high on most boxing lists,he's underrated too. Previously lost to Felix Sturm in controversial points decision, a fight that he really should have won. Sturm managed to stop Zbik, someone who Jr beat via controversial points decision. Sergio knocked him out

Darren Barker - Undefeated European champion, Barker was the same as Zbik in terms of level, maybe slightly higher. Sergio knocked him out as well.

Serhiy Dzinzuruk TKO 8 - Sergio destroyed the WBO Champion.Martinez dropped him 5 times

Paul Williams TKO 2 - A better win then anything Jr or any other top 10 MW atm have accomplished.

You could make a case Sergio won the first fight as well.
                      A great Performance VS a still Prime Kelly Pavlik to become champion.

The guys Sergio knocked out recently is very under rated and dangerous as hell. They are all solid ranked fighters that has been avoided by a lot of people. Now should Sergio have been fighting and beating the likes of
                      Pirog-Quillin-Nasaam- and Gennady? You can say that he should.
                      But think about it. What the Hell have Pirog-Quillen-Nasaam and Gennady accomplished so far? They all ducked each other for the longest time and the best win on their combined resumes is probably a shot Winky Wright.

Not one of them deserves a shot at Sergio, so he just fought other ranked guys hovering around the 4 right below him and Jr.
                      You have made a good effort in stating your case, but still the facts haven't changed.

Take Pavlik and Williams off of Sergio's resume and has no way of making a case for being on any P4P list EVER.

What's worse is the fact that going into the fight against Williams, Williams had already been exposed by Quintana.

Going into the fight against Pavlik, Kelly was an alcoholic who was trying to make a comeback due to his being dominated by BHOP.

Neither man was at their best, and both were questionable commodities at the point when Sergio faced them.

Yet, they are the very wins that have elevated Sergio to stardom. Both fights were back in 2010. That's two years ago.

Since then Sergio has fought two C-fighters who literally gave him hell and made it to the 11th round. Sergio's own camp has expressed concern over his ability or lack thereof to compete at the highest levels.

I'll give you Dzinzuruk. He was a champion and his rank justified a showdown. But outside of that Martinez does not even deserve to be on the P4P list period. He's riding the fumes from his KO win over Williams and has been for 2 years.

I'm not saying the man can't fight or doesn't have talent or admirable attributes. I am saying that he hasn't done anything noteworthy before or after 2010.

That's a fact.

I'm in no way implying that Jr is more accomplished, but at least Chavez jr is young and has his career ahead of him while Martinez is at the end of his.

Martinez' story has been told. Out of 53 fights, people only care about 2 of them. Not to mention he was previously knocked out by the limited, forward-plodding Antonio Margarito.

He's just not what you're making a case for.

Still, I enjoyed reading your post.

Comment

Working...
                      X