Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Yea because Hatton handled Castillo better on the inside than Mayweather did, I guess Hatton can knock..... Oh wait
      Lmao!! Argument over...

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        so its ok if you are old to only fight other old guys? no other old boxer ever lived by this motto but the great joe calzaghe. all the other older fighters challenged younger fighters except joe. maybe joe fought all the great young fighters during his prime? oh wait....
        Chad Dawson did.

Lol

Comment

• Pathetic. Dude has been retired for for what, five years?

How brave. I guess they just don't know where to go from here.

Comment

so its ok if you are old to only fight other old guys? no other old boxer ever lived by this motto but the great joe calzaghe. all the other older fighters challenged younger fighters except joe. maybe joe fought all the great young fighters during his prime? oh wait....
            What age was Mikkel Kessler? significantly younger yes? he fought him back to back with B-Hop.

You know all this stuff but no doubt you'll find another twist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
              Oh dey is good fightas but not epic or legendary, just good compared to most otha fightas in da 2000s. Calzaghe beat a Kessler dat had neva tasted defeat, a Lacy dat neva tasted defeat, a Hopkins dat swore he would neva lose to a white man and is a legend of da ring, a Jones dat is a legend as well. He did dis while fighting out of his backyard, ova in da otha guy's backyard and still beat em.

Ward has a lot of cans on his resume and he ain't even won 30 fights yet. Joe's accomplishments are way betta den dis Ward and ain't nobody in da world gonna convince me othawise. Hey, as ong as dis cat keeps making me money, I'll be a fan but I tells ya, he ain't an all time great, he just betta den some above average guys fighting in his division currently.
              Bro... I'll keep it respectful 'cause u seem like a decent fella. Joe's greatest victories are against Kessler, Eubanks, and Hopkins. Eubanks was decent but past his prime and not an ATG for that matter. Kessler was a good victory, he has good power but he's a one trick pony that doesn't deal with movement well. Nonetheless he was/is a legitmate contender. Hopkins past his prime but was still in good condition... Calzaghe won a contested decision based on his activity. Jones not worth mentioning. Everyone else is a hall of fame of no bodies bro.
              Ward has taken on all legitimate contenders to the SMW throne in a less than 4 year span. In qtr the time of Joe's reign, Ward has left no questions as to who the king of the SMW division is. Joe left many questions during his prime then attempted to legitimize his reign against faded legends. Joe hid behind the heralded WBO title for his entire career. Ward has already cleaned up his division... All by shut out victories against legitmate unanimous top 10 smw contenders. Ward is just 28, all he needs to do right now is fight a past prime legend and his accolades will rival joe's. Think about it. Can u honestly say Joe beat the best during his smw/lh stint? I can say with confidence Andre has beaten the best at smw and you will be hard pressed to find any boxing press that doesn't agree.
              Forget about the alphabet soup of titles. In his entire career joe faced two former/current true lineal champions.(Both past their prime). ***** Chad has already fought more true lineal champs than that! At 28, Ward has already defeated a lineal champ and has become the undisputed champ of the smw division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Chad Dawson did.

Lol
                That was the best fighters for chad at the time. At least chad had the balls to go down in weight and take on a world class p4p champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  What age was Mikkel Kessler? significantly younger yes? he fought him back to back with B-Hop.

You know all this stuff but no doubt you'll find another twist.
                  who was older? roy jones jr or pavlik, froch, and dawson?

who was more prime? roy jones jr or pavlik, froch and dawson?

and what was calzaghe doing till he was 34? fighting nobodies. convenient to say he's too old when he was doing nothing his entire career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Chad Dawson did.

Lol
                    is chad dawson is an old fighter? i said which old fighter only fights other old fighters? chad dawson makes no sense because he's still in his prime not to mention he's fought prime adamek, prime pascal and prime ward to go along with tarver, johnson, and hopkins twice. calzaghe had a much worse resume when he retired at age 36 and used the i'm old excuse to avoid prime fighters. pathetic.

Comment

is chad dawson is an old fighter? i said which old fighter only fights other old fighters? chad dawson makes no sense because he's still in his prime not to mention he's fought prime adamek, prime pascal and prime ward to go along with tarver, johnson, and hopkins twice. calzaghe had a much worse resume when he retired at age 36 and used the i'm old excuse to avoid prime fighters. pathetic.
                      Adamek was weight drained and sick

Pascal had already lost handily to Froch, and he whooped Dawsons ass

Featherfisted Ward KTFO him

Dawson is a bum

Comment

Working...
                      X