Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward - Dawson + Matthysse - Ajose. RBR and Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is about calling a spade a spade. Dawson couldn't pull the trigger and had piss poor punch resistance. For Ward to get my credit he'd have to fight a healthy Dawson simples.

I don't really care about whose fault it is for signing the fight I can only use my eyes to see the fighter that showed up. The Dawson at 175 did not show up.

Comment

• Was Dawson weight drained? I think so, but it is also his fault. Ward did what he had to do and he looked great doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
        and you whats crazy..

I'm still gonna back dawson..

Not crazy at all. Dawson still beats every one in the top 10 at 175. He still has trouble with Pascal, but he beats every one else. Ward is just too good, nobody beats him.

Comment

• What did Dawson say in this post fight interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            TBH, I wasn't surprised by his passiveness and low work-rate. These are qualities that I've come to label him with. But yes, the weight probably had something to do with it. Got held to his word, and it was his fault. Big ego, big mouth, and then at the end, he quits. It is what it is.
            Yeah he's always been too passive, but 187 punches is just a joke, even the fattest HWs throw more punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
              What did Dawson say in this post fight interview?
              ward was faster, stronger than he thought.

ward is a great champion and im not gonna take anything away from him etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                ward hit him right on the button, for both of the first two knock-downs (maybe due to dawson's cut obscuring his vision). malignaggi would've dropped him if he'd been allowed to tag him that cleanly.
                You mean to tell me he's never hit any of his other opponents on the button?

Just saw a replay, maybe you right. Dawson was done after that, completely done.

I've never saw that in a Ward fight before and I don't think I'll see it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Was Dawson weight drained? I think so, but it is also his fault. Ward did what he had to do and he looked great doing it.
                  Yeah, as a big Chad fa. Yes he did look weight drained, definitely. But I gave no excuse for him before the fight, and will give no excuse for him for losing. He called out Ward at 168, it's his fault. But yes he did look drained as hell. Worst performance of his career by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
                    I was talking about him specifically, not people in general lol.
                    Yea... I guess it's dependent on a person.
                    I used to drop weight like crazy for wrestling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
                      he doesnt hit hard at all, Dawson was a drained skeleton who had no legs and energy from the very first round. some people are ****ing blind or havent watched his fights at 175, and im not talking about being outboxed, that prolly would happen regardless but his inability to take punches and have any snap on his shots were greatly affected by going down to 168.

i said it when he first said he would do the fight at 168, but Chad is an idiot and he doesnt think properly.
                      thats seems right

Comment

Working...
                      X