Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Ward-Dawson, DeMarco-Molina - War Ready

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both of these fights are toss ups. I just want to see a great night of boxing. So you have the best fighting the best. These promotors did a great job putting this card together what a great card this is. I wish I was going to Oakland for these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      I'm glad you picked up on those things, Dawson having to get set to be effective. Also, Ward's foot speed being faster than Dawson's, people on here don't seem to catch that.

I'd even go as far as saying Dawson is overrated on these boards. He has all the right tools as you said, but he's missing certain qualities. Elite fighters usually have that switch, where they can turn it on or off whenever they please, Dawson doesn't have that or a second gear. His ring awareness is questionable too, seeing him get clipped with punches simply because he got caught sleeping. I hope he doesn't get lazy in there and lets his punches go.

I'm going with Ward here, simply because he's extremely difficult to hit as a whole and I see him getting inside. I don't see Dawson getting anything off outside, I see Ward getting really low and moving in. Ward's foot speed is underrated on here, dude is fast.
      Quality post, Dom. I agree with everything you said.

Comment

Also, Ward's power, is heavily underrated. Yes, he's not a one punch KO artist. But the kid's got very good snap and force behind his shots. His shots were hurting and having more of an effect on Froch then Bute's did, that should tell you something. Froch walked right through Bute's best punches, yet Ward was sending Froch off balance, snapping his head back and backing him up with jabs. I'd actually say he's slightly a harder puncher then Dawson. His punches seem to have more snap to them, where as Dawson is more of a volume puncher. Ward also rocked Kessler pretty bad with a right hand in their fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          I expect him to make weight. Also I expect to see the size advanatge more clearly when they enter the ring. Dawson looked a lot bigger than Bhop inside that ring. Chad's even bigger than Froch. It'll be stark IMO.

Now Chad more skilled than Kessler, Froch and Green.

Ward and Pascal couldn't be more different. Ward not that explosive. The burst of speed+ the Power from Jean is what through Chad off. The power made him hesitant. Ward with less explosion and less power.

Different. I think Chad can dictate from the outside and control this fight, If Ward gets inside consistently he wins.
          I think u are overating Pascal a great deal. Ward is more than capable of fighting a Pascal esque type fight. Frankly what Pascal does isn't that special. His power isn't special, his speed isn't special. He just fought an in and out type fight and Dawson simply couldn't adjust to find him. If u think ward can't fight that type of ambush type fight, u are severely underestimating him.

Comment

Demarco looks like a corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              I think u are overating Pascal a great deal. Ward is more than capable of fighting a Pascal esque type fight. Frankly what Pascal does isn't that special. His power isn't special, his speed isn't special. He just fought an in and out type fight and Dawson simply couldn't adjust to find him. If u think ward can't fight that type of ambush type fight, u are severely underestimating him.
              I don't know if Ward can employ those tactics as successfully per se, but whats alarming is that Pascal has absolutely no inside game, where as Ward is gonna score every time they get in close or in the clinches, Dawson best come with it. I hope we never ever have to see the Chad that fought Pascal.

Comment

Dawson looks shook.

Comment

Tmann, who the hell is giving Dawson all these advantages?

i'm the only one on this site picking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Tmann, who the hell is giving Dawson all these advantages?

i'm the only one on this site picking him.
                    Wrong. ThePhantom5 and many others are picking him.

Comment

Dawson being overrated? 4 years ago before the pascale loss, chad was as high as #5 on the p4p list. I think this will be a competitive fight and imo, the most important man will be the ref. Ward isn't the cleanest of fighters and dawson seems weak in the head lately. Ward frustrates chad, i wonder if ward takes a body slam? jk lol for the 4-1 betting odds, i think ward wins but i gotta throw down a bit of loot on chad. peace ya'll and enjoy the fights

Comment

Working...
                      X