Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto lost to PAC due to weight drain and a lack of a good trainer....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjosh View Post
    Why dont people realize this? Cotto was so wobbly and barely could take a shot. Lets say we ignore the simple fact that her was weight drained Please tell me who the hell Santiago was? I feel as is the deck was stacked against this guy.......

Watch the tape and listen to the instructions? Imagine PAC entering the biggest fight of his life, and instead of having Roach, he has Buboy....
    Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Go through my history , Ive been debating and standing againsnt Mannys CWS ever since he started to manipulate them , Im not a Cotto fan or a ODH fan or a Margo fan , and I dont think Pac is on drugs , I believe he has won his biggest fights because of placing handicaps on the opponents , every fight he is proving it , if they wanna keep debating it with their childish crap then I will keep pounding them with FACT they cant beat .

Of course the out come would be different , if the CW did actually drain Cotto , what evidence do we have ?

Cotto said publicly , ' I will never sacrifice my body like that for another boxer "

Now , as you stated Im not a Cotto fan , but guess what I believe he is a very proud honourable man and nobody will convince me he lied !

He also said he was pressured by Arum to agree to the fight .

Now , if you realize that 2 lb can truly degrade an athlete , you got to ask the question , why did Manny want the 2lb or he WONT fight ?

I know why !!!!
    How do you think the fight would have ended if the limit had been 147 instead of 145. Would Cotto have won by a little, or a lot, or a KO, or would Pacquiao still have beat the hell out of him? How about if Oscar had fought Pac at 154 and Pac had fought Margarito at 154? How would those fights have gone? What do you think? Would Marquez have done better if Mayweather had squeezed down to the agreed weight of 144?

Comment

Reloaded, you say Cotto is not lying when he said he sacrificed his body to make 145 for Pacquiao years after the fight was over. Cotto said just before the fight that making 145 had no bad effect on him and he was in perfect shape. Right after he lost in the post fight show he said again he was in perfect shape and Pacquiao's speed and non stop combinations from all angles is why he lost. So when was Cotto lying? The day of the fight or years later?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        How do you think the fight would have ended if the limit had been 147 instead of 145. Would Cotto have won by a little, or a lot, or a KO, or would Pacquiao still have beat the hell out of him? How about if Oscar had fought Pac at 154 and Pac had fought Margarito at 154? How would those fights have gone? What do you think? Would Marquez have done better if Mayweather had squeezed down to the agreed weight of 144?
        Ok Ill start at the end of your post first , at 154 Oscar would have KOed Manny and badly , in real terms Oscar would have been 160-2 on the night , instead he was 147 and needed IV fluids to make that 2 lb , Oscar was slaughtered by the weight , Freddie said on hearing about the IV fluids said " It wont go 3 rounds "

JMM would not have had much more of a chance because Floyd is such a fluid boxer , it was not a power fight its speed and skills in that fight , Floyds style has much more leeway with weight than a guy like Cotto who is more of a puncher without that level of skill , Floyd would murder JMM at any weight any time on pure skill !

I believe Floyd didnt make the weight JMM because after 2 yrs out he realized he had grown that little bit , you see , you dont know for sure if you can a make a in a certain time frame until you do it , Floyd thought he could make it easy , no doubt , because he always had before , 2 yrs later he finds out the night before the fight his body is retaining more than it normally does , so does he bust his ass to lose it , nope , or does he use a diuretic to lose it , nope , if you know how it works he would not of known outside of 12 hrs probably down to 4 hrs before the weighin that he wasnt going to make it , he done the smart thing , just pay the forfeit .

Margo at 154 in a normal 18-22 ft ring would have broken Manny down , he would punch harder later in the fight , and have more strength to keep Manny in corners .

Cotto and Margo were both weight drained , not over the top , weight drained enough to lower the performance by enough to make Manny shine , at elite level it dont take much ,, why does Manny not fight Cotto without the CW , its the same man , its obvious he doesnt think he can beat Cotto with the CW , therte is NO other reason , he already beat him , and wont fight him again over weight when he is the big money fight outside of Floyd ,,, WTF !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Reloaded, you say Cotto is not lying when he said he sacrificed his body to make 145 for Pacquiao years after the fight was over. Cotto said just before the fight that making 145 had no bad effect on him and he was in perfect shape. Right after he lost in the post fight show he said again he was in perfect shape and Pacquiao's speed and non stop combinations from all angles is why he lost. So when was Cotto lying? The day of the fight or years later?
          You answered your own question , right before the fight he would not have known how much effect the weight loss was going to have on him , its a tune on race car , you dont know until your drive it under pressure thats its not right .

In the world of multi million dollar fights , where you you think Bob Arum is and what influence do you think he has over his fighters ?

You still havent answered , Why does Manny NEED the CW with Cotto , its STILL THE SAME MAN , you can beat a man or you cant , and I dont mean with an advantage !

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            You answered your own question , right before the fight he would not have known how much effect the weight loss was going to have on him , its a tune on race car , you dont know until your drive it under pressure thats its not right .

In the world of multi million dollar fights , where you you think Bob Arum is and what influence do you think he has over his fighters ?

You still havent answered , Why does Manny NEED the CW with Cotto , its STILL THE SAME MAN , you can beat a man or you cant , and I dont mean with an advantage !
            What you fail to understand is that Cotto requested a 150lb CW for Margarito, so why exactly would a 150lb CW hurt Cotto against Pac, if that's the weight that Cotto wants his opponents at?

Comment

before cotto got hurt which was around round 5 or 6 cotto was doing pretty good and could have been winning all of those rounds if not for the knockdowns so i don't know why some make it seem as if there is no way cotto could have done better without the catchweight and a different trainer yet believe pacquaio only lost to morales because he didn't have reyes gloves and got beat up by marquez because he didn't take him serious

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                Cotto lost to Pacquiao because Pacman punched too hard. But there will be threads started over and over whining about weight til the end of time, get a life and move on.
                arent you curious where all of that "punching powr" has gone now? Didnt show up in the Marquez or Bradley fight

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  arent you curious where all of that "punching powr" has gone now? Didnt show up in the Marquez or Bradley fight
                  I'm curious of all fighters except for Donaire, who does OSDT year round where it actually matters.

Comment

So what is it really? Cotto got drained or Pac had steroids? You haters need to make up your hating mind.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      For the fans defending Cotto- He doesnt need it.

For the fans defending Pac- He bought all the doubt upon himself by asking for the ridiculous weight thing.
                      this^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X