Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Proksa To Rest, Fix His Mistakes and Return in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definitely be tuning in next time Proksa fights! He may have lost, but dude had heart overflowing out of his chest. He has lots of natural athleticism. Needs some head movement and more experience. He will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
      you have to be special to fight the way Proksa does and still be effective and get away with it

Proksa doesn't have it
      At least someone else sees the same thing that I see in Proksa. Which isn't very much.

Comment

Proska gave his best and was in there giving his all. good job.

Comment

I'm kinda glad the referee stopped the fight when he did. Proska was not going to stop getting up and nothing good was going to come out of him continuing. Getting up and beating the count, even if the fight is stopped, is always a big thing to me.. so that was enough to tell me that he still wants to do this. if youre a fan of his I guess you can

I don't know about fixing his mistakes, the style is instinctual and somewhat rhythmic - his skills are what they are, he's all over the place... probably not going to get any "better", but that's never meant anything if you meet the right fighters. in it's not like he wasn't hitting GGG, he was landing pretty good....anyway, good matchmaking is what can bring him back.

This was a good opportunity and he jumped at it, still was the right choice just a tough azz fight.

the ref protected an extended beatdown, so thats good rest is the most important I'd guess.
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 09-04-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Proksa's style uses a lot of head/torso movement, but he needs to remain responsible on defense. He needs to learn how to effectively gauge distance, add some combinations to his repertoire, get full leverage on each shot he throws, and he needs to stop lunging cuz he leaves himself in a very vulnerable position. His awkward style and stance will force his opponents to adjust, but it won't always be enough to win.

Can't wait to see him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Nice to hear and agreed. Contrary to what haters like Tiozzo say he's a solid middleweight with talent. Rest up keep improving and fight another contender next year.
              Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              He has great talent. You can't teach his gutsy. Kid wants to fight and has plenty of energy. Get him a top notch trainer and he can be a world title holder. I would favor him vs Sturm, Macklin and several other top MW's.

Super G still has a bright future.
              I think y'all are jus tryna hype up golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                I think geale would beat proska better boxer with better skills! Proska needs to tighten up and get some head movement and his footwork is way too sloppy. I think Freddie roach would be a perfect mesh for proska.
                Take it for what it's worth but 5 months after Geale beat Sylvester by decision, Proksa thoroughly dominated Sylvester and stopped him in 3 rounds. Does that mean Proksa automatically beats Geale? No, but it makes me wonder why you think Geale has better skills.

Comment

Proksa is an extremely flawed fighter. I've always thought so and I'm not alone. The fact is without certain abilities u can't pull off his style as an elite fighter and he just cant

Comment

i agree with dempsey and kiaba about his flaws. his defense def needs a ton of work. he lunges too much and when he misses his hook he looks like a batter striking out. but, he def has guts, and thats good enough to get my salute.

Comment

Proksa is not bad and i agree he would beat Sturm and Geale. Golovkin is just an different kind of beast!

Comment

Working...
                      X